not strictly football related....

How would I go about buying RFC shares??? My Dad's 80th birthday is approaching & as a lifelong Bluenose, I though "owning" part of the club would be an ideal gift. He's still chuffed to "own" part of Ibrox in the form of a brick the we bought him years ago.

Cheers

How would I go about buying RFC shares??? My Dad's 80th birthday is approaching & as a lifelong Bluenose, I though "owning" part of the club would be an ideal gift. He's still chuffed to "own" part of Ibrox in the form of a brick the we bought him years ago.

Cheers

Just go to a stockbroker or a bank dealing in shares. Make sure you tell them you want a share certificate etc and for the shares not to be held in a nominee account. I used Beaufort Securities (for my nominal 10 shares) the rest I invested via Buy Rangers.

How long does the process take mate? And did you get a certificate with that?

With Barclays it was around three to four weeks and yes to the cert. They will chase the registrar and ensure you're able to attend the AGM. BuyRangers is done within a week.

Cheers

Put your money and his name into Bricks and Mortar, buy a Rangers brick. I have one and got one for my wee brother.

Put your money and his name into Bricks and Mortar, buy a Rangers brick. I have one and got one for my wee brother.

His dad already has a brick. A share would be a fantastic gift by the way.

doesn't look like its gonna be straight forward.

spoke to a couple of places. I would need to initially buy the shares in my name, then transfer into my Dad's name. In order to do that, he would need to sign a form of some sort.

I may go down the route of putting together a wee certificate myself to give him on his Birthday, then assist him in actually buying the shares in his own name.

Cheers