Laxey now own 11.64% of RIFC voting rights

According to a report in August, they said that they would not vote for the then-current directors Mather, Smart and Stockbridge. Of those, only Stockbridge remains, while Sandy Easdale and two "big names" have come on board, alongside ... Norman Crighton. It remains to be seen what Laxey's and indeed McColl & Co.'s opinion is on these current changes.

Would they vote for a new share issue (i.e. pro McColl & King) though?

Not sure if it is bad news that Laxey have increased their influence, but I am concerned about their intentions. Hopefully it is BPH that have sold, it would certainly seem the most likely given that McCollco has not withdrawn its requisition.

Not sure if it is bad news that Laxey have increased their influence, but I am concerned about their intentions. Hopefully it is BPH that have sold, it would certainly seem the most likely given that McCollco has not withdrawn its requisition.

Laxey are in this to make money. So let's be very clear on that. But their policy is to make money on the capital appreciation in share value rather than in the form of dividends and other cash coming out of the business. So for them to make money the value of shares in Rangers has to increase. For them to increase, the business has to start doing well. So they have a vested interest in our success.

I also know that Laxey have reached out to certain supporter's groups which is, I think, a good thing.

My general impression (hope I am not wrong in this) is that Laxey are a reputable outfit who will add value to Rangers.

Laxey are in this to make money. So let's be very clear on that. But their policy is to make money on the capital appreciation in share value rather than in the form of dividends and other cash coming out of the business. So for them to make money the value of shares in Rangers has to increase. For them to increase, the business has to start doing well. So they have a vested interest in our success.

I also know that Laxey have reached out to certain supporter's groups which is, I think, a good thing.

My general impression (hope I am not wrong in this) is that Laxey are a reputable outfit who will add value to Rangers.

Exactly, Laxley will make any profit from the trading of shared. They bought the latest lot @ 41p, which is a pretty damned good price - a 1p rise will give them approx £350k return on their investment.

Exactly, Laxley will make any profit from the trading of shared. They bought the latest lot @ 41p, which is a pretty damned good price - a 1p rise will give them approx £350k return on their investment.

When I buy shares short to medium term I am looking for around 10% return. On the few occasions where I have invested in a new business or a turnaround, I am looking for 200% - 300%. If I were Laxey, I would be looking for a share price of 100p in three to five years. But that is just me.

Where did the shares come from???

From the Rangers Int. web page today:

Shareholder.....................................No of Ordinary Shares held..................% of issued share capital

Laxey Partners Ltd.........................................7,578,672.....................................................11.64%

Artemis Investment Management LLP...5,479,000.......................................................8.42%

Hargreave Hale Limited................................4,601,688.......................................................7.07%

Blue Pitch Holding*........................................4,000,000.......................................................6.14%

Miton Capital Partners..................................3,143,857.......................................................4.83%

Mike Ashley.......................................................3,000,000.......................................................4.61%

Alexander Easdale*.........................................2,842,957......................................................4.37%

Margarita Funds Holding Trust*.................2,600,000......................................................3.99%

Richard Hughes.................................................2,200,000......................................................3.38%

From AIM notification on 13th Nov:

Shareholder............................................................No of Ordinary Shares held...................% of issued share capital

Artemis Investment Management LLP.........................5,479,000.....................................................8.42%

Hargreave Hale Limited......................................................4,601,688.....................................................7.07%

Laxey Partners Ltd...............................................................4,250,000.....................................................6.53%

Blue Pitch Holding*..............................................................4,000,000.....................................................6.14%

Miton Capital Partners........................................................3,143,857.....................................................4.83%

Mike Ashley.............................................................................3,000,000.....................................................4.61%

Alexander Easdale*...............................................................2,842,957....................................................4.37%

Margarita Funds Holding Trust*......................................2,600,000.....................................................3.99%

Richard Hughes......................................................................2,200,000.....................................................3.38%