Laxey now own 11.64% of RIFC voting rights

fortunately this malcontent is seeking what is best for rangers not the spivs.

but back to your everythings ok if a majority of shareholders want it view for you. thats served us well under murray and whyte.

let's hope this majority didn't buy us planning to put us under like whyte. because that was ok apparently.

fortunately this malcontent is seeking what is best for rangers not the spivs.

but back to your everythings ok if a majority of shareholders want it view for you. thats served us well under murray and whyte.

let's hope this majority didn't buy us planning to put us under like whyte. because that was ok apparently.

Do you seriously believe Laxey (and others) are 'planning to put us under' ? why would they pay a lot of money for these shares to 'put us under' ? who's to say they won't increase their shareholding too?

Quite frankly if these people(and others) start to 'raise the bar' at Rangers and start setting higher performance targets for everyone at Rangers then I'm all for it.

No more going out of Europe to Kaunus & Malmo and the manager staying in a job perhaps. There's been too much easy money at Rangers for years and if this type of investor changes that culture then bring it on I say.

If Rangers were properly run they'd be a profit-making organisation dominating Scottish football year in year out & competing in Europe well into the new year every season.But that's not been the case has it? Everything needs to change from our hopeless youth system at MP to the first team and the commercial side too.

Look, I'd been keen to get McColl co into power but it ain't going to happen is it? they're simply going around begging shareholders whereas they should have been getting a substantial shareholding together at the IPO a year ago if they were serious about all this.

And there will be no chance of Admin2 or another(god forbid) liquidation process. These wealthy British financial institutions who effectively control the quintesential British club won't allow that to happen. I can live with that. You should too bud

Edited by RANGERRAB

I'm sorry, anyone who thinks any Scottish football club can be ran as a 'profit-making organisation' dominating Scottish football is naive in the extreme.

Football clubs cannot be ran like 'normal' businesses, Scottish football clubs in particular. And before someone points at fuckin Celtic they are not owned by hedge funds and investment vehicles, good luck getting a dividend out of them.

A section of our support seem to embrace these people, it stuns me. Laxey are a hedge fund, they care about money and nothing else. They'd close Rangers and open a supermarket on Ibrox tomorrow if it delivered a good return. How can anyone think these people will want to invest in youth system, they'll disband the youth system it's an overhead that's not guaranteed to deliver anything.

It's not our club that depress me it's some of our support.

Do you seriously believe Laxey (and others) are 'planning to put us under' ? why would they pay a lot of money for these shares to 'put us under' ? who's to say they won't increase their shareholding too?

Quite frankly if these people(and others) start to 'raise the bar' at Rangers and start setting higher performance targets for everyone at Rangers then I'm all for it.

No more going out of Europe to Kaunus & Malmo and the manager staying in a job perhaps. There's been too much easy money at Rangers for years and if this type of investor changes that culture then bring it on I say.

If Rangers were properly run they'd be a profit-making organisation dominating Scottish football year in year out & competing in Europe well into the new year every season.But that's not been the case has it? Everything needs to change from our hopeless youth system at MP to the first team and the commercial side too.

Look, I'd been keen to get McColl co into power but it ain't going to happen is it? they're simply going around begging shareholders whereas they should have been getting a substantial shareholding together at the IPO a year ago if they were serious about all this.

And there will be no chance of Admin2 or another(god forbid) liquidation process. These wealthy British financial institutions who effectively control the quintesential British club won't allow that to happen. I can live with that. You should too bud

millions were stolen last year and we didn't go under.

i don't particularly believe we will go under. but no hedge fund will ever care if we beat celtc or not.

I'm sorry, anyone who thinks any Scottish football club can be ran as a 'profit-making organisation' dominating Scottish football is naive in the extreme.

Football clubs cannot be ran like 'normal' businesses, Scottish football clubs in particular. And before someone points at fuckin Celtic they are not owned by hedge funds and investment vehicles, good luck getting a dividend out of them.

A section of our support seem to embrace these people, it stuns me. Laxey are a hedge fund, they care about money and nothing else. They'd close Rangers and open a supermarket on Ibrox tomorrow if it delivered a good return. How can anyone think these people will want to invest in youth system, they'll disband the youth system it's an overhead that's not guaranteed to deliver anything.

It's not our club that depress me it's some of our support.

celtc pay a dividend every year whether they win the league or not. but they are mostly owned by fans.

we will go nowhere with hedge funds in charge.

A hedge fund with the single largest shareholder in Rangers has announced it will support the current board at the vital annual general meeting. Laxey Partners Limited increased its stake in Rangers International Football Club plc to 11.64% after purchasing £1.3m worth of shares on Wednesday. The Isle of Man-based firm confirmed to STV it would be voting in favour of the reinstatement of current board members, including the recently appointed chief executive Graham Wallace, at the annual general meeting next month. Laxey previously indicated it would vote in line with the fans at the meeting, which it believed was to remove board members, including finance director Brian Stockbridge and former chief Craig Mather. The annual general meeting is due to take place on December 19 amid a long-running power struggle between the current Ibrox regime and rebel shareholders led by ex-chairman Malcolm Murray and former oldco director Paul Murray. Both sides had claimed to have enough support to pass resolutions at the meeting, but the declaration from Laxey could prove vital to the current board being re-elected by shareholders. Colin Kingsnorth, one of the founding members of Laxey, said: "We will be voting for the current board at the AGM. It feels like the requisitionists have pushed the pace of change for the good and there is now a professional and competent board in place. "This is not the old board but new, good people. Graham Wallace seems very good news. The days of wheeling and dealing seemed to have passed and a professional board is in place - we want to give them a chance to get on with it." He added: "We said we wanted to support the fans and we have spoken to various supporters groups. There are many, many of them, all with different views - some more vocal than others. We believe restoration of a stable situation and transparency on where the money is going are the key issues for most of them. "We hope Graham Wallace and the new board members know this and respond accordingly. We will be supporting them to try and promote that." Norman Crighton, who has associations with Laxey, was recently appointed a director of Rangers International and is set to head up an "investment committee". Mr Kingsnorth said Mr Crighton is a "good guy who we know" but is "completely independent" of Laxey. Laxey purchased 3.3 million shares in Rangers International on Wednesday, taking its stake to the single largest shareholding in the company. Mr Kingsnorth said he had “no idea” who sold the shares to the firm as they had been bough through the market. It is also due to receive a further 714,285 shares which were owned by former chief executive Charles Green under an agreement over its initial investment. It purchased one million shares for £1m last October prior to the initial public offering, before the flotation went ahead at 70p per share. As the float price was below £1, Mr Green agreed to transfer part of his shareholding to Laxey so that its voting rights were not affected. It will receive those shares later this year when Mr Green’s lock-in agreement expires. The current board, which is made up of non-executive director James Easdale and chairman David Somers, can also expect the support of Sandy Easdale, who has 23.79% voting rights of Rangers International’s share capital after investors Blue Pitch Holdings and Margarita Funds Holding Trust transferred their rights to him. Sports Direct and Newscastle United owner Mike Ashley, who owns a 4.61% stake in Rangers, is also expected to support the current board, which takes voting rights in its favour to at least 39.9% of the company’s share capital. Opposition shareholders seeking the appointment of the Murrays, Scott Murdoch and Alex Wilson as directors at the meeting require the support of 51% of all votes cast at the meeting. Fans invested £5.2m at 70p-per-share to buy an 11.4% stake in Rangers International last year and their votes could still have a major say in whether the boardroom changes take place. Artermis Investment Management and Hargreave Hale are among the large institutional investors who have been backing the rebel group. The two firms have 15.49% of the company’s share capital between them.

The guy from Laxey makes some good points there.