Interesting choice of word "rebel", particularly in an OF context. Given that you're describing people who refuse to accept the imposition of an illegitimate governing authority and one which may have come to power directly or indirectly via fraudulent or even criminal methods, I think "resistance", "counter-insurgents" "mutineers" "agitators" or "protesters" would be more accurate, don't you?

But then, those terms don't have Irish republican connotations, do they? If you used those words you would have to work harder at making your case, whereas just calling someone a rebel is just lazy shorthand for putting them in with Celtic/irish rebulicans/enemies of the club. The only thing missing is an 'h' after the 'r'.

By association, are supporters of many years standing also rebels if they support them.

I think tb64 should tell us.

By association, are supporters of many years standing also rebels if they support them.

I think tb64 should tell us.

The rebel tag doesn't annoy me. If wanting the best for the club I support makes me a rebel then so be it. Water off a ducks back!

The rebel tag doesn't annoy me. If wanting the best for the club I support makes me a rebel then so be it. Water off a ducks back!

I agree, it isn't annoyance, but it is a deliberately chosen word to inflame the views of our pro-board fans against those who wish for change, therefore you have to question the methods and motivations of Media House. It is provocative and in poor taste, compounded by a board that seem to be happy for this type of behaviour to continue.

Obviously no thought given to the impact created involving all Rangers fans. A more conciliatory approach would have had a better effect.