Leggat - Phone Threats To McColl

http://davidleggat-leggoland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/the-threats-to-jim-mccoll.html

JIM McCOLL’S revelation of sinister threats, when he spoke to last week’s meeting of Rangers supporters, told only half of the story.

Now I can reveal more. More of the shocking, shady and deeply worrying things that have been going on in the background since the Requisition was first moved on August 2nd.

I can reveal McColl admitted that he had been the recipient of two phone calls from two northern English cities. McColl admitted this at a meeting I and a dozen or so others attended at his Clyde Blowers headquarters in East Kilbride in mid-September.

His revelations that day about those deeply disturbing phone calls came in the wake of the news that Frank Blin, the City big hitter who McColl and Paul Murray had lined up to become financial director, had withdrawn from the campaign to change the board.

And that, in turn, followed a public statement by the then newly appointed board spin doctor, Jack Irvine, that McColl and Blin and the others should be warned that they were now fair game. Many took that to mean Irvine would be behind a dirty tricks campaign.

Certainly there were plenty of red herrings planted by Jack Irvine in the Press concerning whether or not Paul Murray would pass the Scottish Football Association’s fit and proper person test – he will – and claiming Dave King would not be acceptable to either the London Stock Exchange or the SFA, disgracefully inaccurate allegations which King blew out of the water.

It is interesting to note that since King’s visit, Jack Irvine has not mentioned Dave King’s name again.

But now, newly appointed chairman David Somers has taken up the cry that Paul and Malcolm Murray, along with the other two Nominees, Alex Wilson and Scott Murdoch, men of the highest integrity and probity, men whose credentials are above reproach, may fail any Stock Market and SFA tests. Somers has put his name to this scaremongering in the official Notice of Annual General Meeting document, signed by him on November 25th and sent to all shareholders.

Entirely separate from that, Jim McColl then followed Blin in withdrawing from the campaign, sparking suspicions by those who he told about those initial phone threats, that he may have been subjected to further outside pressure.

McColl seemed reluctant to discuss the threats in great detail after the meeting with fans on Thursday night, though Friday’s newspapers carried the statement he made to the supporters’ meeting which touched on them. That was the first time the threats which McColl told me about in September, entered the public domain.

But at the midday meeting in the Clyde Blowers boardroom on September 13th, which I attended, when the news of the threats was first revealed, McColl was much more candid.

He revealed that he had taken two telephone calls – one from someone in Manchester and one from someone in Leeds – and that he was advised by both callers that it would be better for him if he stepped back from the whole affair and took no further part in the campaign to oust the board.

McColl assured us all that he would not be put off and for the next 10 weeks he was as good as his word. Then, after the meeting with supporters last week, Jim McColl announced he would play no further part in the campaign by the four Nominees to win seats on the Ibrox board.

Now McColl has followed Frank Blin and left the fight and he made that announcement on the very night that Paul Murray was able to lift the lid on the influence the disgraced Charles Green is still exerting with shareholders in the background and the power Green continues to exert over those with a stake in Rangers.

With that Charles Green active influence now known to extend to more than merely handing the proxy for his shares to the Easdales, the spectre of money-grabbing, greedy Green and his power, now hovers over the Annual General Meeting.

posted by leggoland @ 09:11

At times you wonder whether there's a contest between Leggat, McMurdo, and Irvine about who manages to write the most grim piece about the opposition.

Leggat's stuff would be quite informative, if he hadn't opposed Green, lapped him up later and now opposes him again. Maybe some more objective writing without the use of "greedy, money-grabbing and toxic" would do no harm ...

As it is, we are left with picking our path through conjecture, accusation, counter-accusation and hearsay.

I believe Leggo is involved in an ongoing case where he printed the identity of a Rangers fan who subsequently received threats as did his wife, the correct procedure was followed and the victim reported matters to the Police who are investigating Leggo's part in the the matter.

Perhaps Leggo who is alleging he is aware of a similar crime should report it to the Police as should the others allegedly present at this secret meeting, it is after all their public duty to all Rangers fans and the public in general to do so in the interests of justice.

I believe Leggo is involved in an ongoing case where he printed the identity of a Rangers fan who subsequently received threats as did his wife, the correct procedure was followed and the victim reported matters to the Police who are investigating Leggo's part in the the matter.

Perhaps Leggo who is alleging he is aware of a similar crime should report it to the Police as should the others allegedly present at this secret meeting, it is after all their public duty to all Rangers fans and the public in general to do so in the interests of justice.

So you don't deny that people involved with the requisitioners have been threatened?

So you don't deny that people involved with the requisitioners have been threatened?

That would be virtually impossible to deny... We really don't know any facts one way or the other. I would like to think they are not lying.

However, there's a lot of visible stuff on twitter where journalists have complained when it would take a real stretch to take many of them even a wee bit seriously.

Well considering his last blog went on about Charles Green's £25 million war chest (actually it was Whyte) and the previous one had VB allegedly influencing Laxey (although they have never spoken with them) then I wouldn't give this latest one too much credibility.

I can't deny that which I have no knowledge of until it is confirmed or not, I also don't deny that Leggo is subject to an ongoing investigation by police where he identified a fan in his blog who has since been along with his wife subject to menacing phone calls.