There's something quite uncomfortable about having to edit the article just because Spiers denies certain points in it, especially given that Spiers regularly bends the truth, makes inaccurate statements, has been caught telling porkies on numerous occasions and just generally talks complete crap. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think his word is much more trustworthy than a pathological liar like Charles Green. Spiers may have his exaggerated 'educated' accent and act as though he's some sort of intellectual bastion of truth and out-of-the-box thinker, but most people can see that he's a fake.

Why not get these allegation substantiated then Zappa?

Appreciate your position Frankie and the reputation of the forum......but were you not tempted to tell Britney where to go?

Sure but his moaning was long and loud. Best to accept the oversight and move on from the moral high ground.

Something better happened on Twitter today anyway. David Weir followed us! :cool:

With reference to the "H" word, as someone else pointed out the earls are the original huns, this title was bestowed upon them for their support of adolf during the second world war, indeed they had the mhankdome closed for a month in 1940/41 as punishment for rioting at Ibrox and chanting nazi slogans.

I well remember singing go home ya huns go home in their direction in the 60's, tell a lie often enough and it becomes gospel as their transference of hun only proves too well.

Sure but his moaning was long and loud. Best to accept the oversight and move on from the moral high ground.

Something better happened on Twitter today anyway. David Weir followed us! :cool:

If his moaning was long and loud, it highlights that the main thrust of the piece was highly accurate. Britney has spent so much time with the permanently offended ones, that it's rubbed off. Also rubbed all of his Baptist values away to boot.

More pleasant news about Davie Weir.

If you're reading this, Davie, you're welcome back anytime. Even for an article on Gersnet.

Why not get these allegation substantiated then Zappa?

It's probably not worth the hassle mate. 26th wrote it, I published it and Frankie's had to deal with the fall out, although it's not all bad because the hilarity of Spiers whining about it on twitter for two days won't have gone unnoticed by his peers.

At the end of the day, certain alleged facts in the original piece are most likely impossible to prove anyway and Spiers is smart enough to know that all he had to do was deny them and cry 'fabrication'. As Frankie said though, he can't deny the general thrust of 26th of foot's article.

I well remember singing go home ya huns go home in their direction in the 60's, tell a lie often enough and it becomes gospel as their transference of hun only proves too well.

I remember it very well. I also remember 'Oh the Pope's not a hippy, he's a hun"