It's amazing how people misread other people so consistently and effortlessly in this whole mess. Now, apparently, those who have found Somers' opening gambits depressingly similar to those of the previous incumbent(s); who note the use of the same, squabbling language unsuitable for a chairman of Rangers; who found his claim that he'd never heard of Green et al as either bullshit or an indication that he's going blind into a job no-one should go blind into; who nearly keeled over at the thought of 'owing Brian Stockbridge a debt of thanks'; and who think that, while a CEO can support any team or none, a figurehead chairman ought to support the club are now guilty of expecting things 'to change at a business level in a matter of seconds'.

But just say that's true, & I did want that to happen.

David Somers comes in, has a meeting with the requisitioners, and, in measured language, points out all their faults and failings and announces that, regrettably, he won't be able to work with them. Of course, the decision will be made at the AGM but from his position, including going over the minutes, he feels it would be a backward step. Then David Somers tells whoever is releasing & writing our statements to leave out the kindergarten stuff, & from now on we'll be attacking the other side with class. It may be a put on, a disguise, but that's how we're doing it.

I suggest that would have taken about a morning at most.

But it's not about expecting miracles. It's entirely about finding Somers as a chairman a very square peg in a round hole - he's not a Rangers fan, he apparently knows precisely zero about the club's history up to an including one month ago, yet he's in a position to release infantile statements which suggest he's up to his knees in the trench warfare every bit as much as Paul Murray. Considering he has done very little, it's quite a tribute to his unsuitability that he has managed to get so much wrong.

Spot on Andy.

Either Somers lacks the statesman-like qualities of a good Chairman entirely, or his strings are being pulled by others.

I actually had a brief email exchange with the head man at Laxey recently in which he agreed that some form of compromise with the Requisitioners would make sense.

After Somers' initial statements, the guys with the olive branches are going to need bloody long arms now. The implacable denial of legitimate concerns combined with a failure to engage with mainstream fans groups worries the hell out of me, as it just isn't the behaviour of a rational, independent, newly appointed Chairman faced with deep unhappiness from at least 28% of his shareholders and by my reckoning 60-70% of his customers.

Add to that the nonsense about him not knowing anything about any of the key players in Rangers' recent history, nor being able to remember how or by whom he was appointed to his job and I'm already at the point where the guy has zero credibility in my eyes.

Frankly, I don't care whether he is incompetent, lying or just a puppet, he's not behaving like a Rangers Chairman should.

It's amazing how people misread other people so consistently and effortlessly in this whole mess. Now, apparently, those who have found Somers' opening gambits depressingly similar to those of the previous incumbent(s); who note the use of the same, squabbling language unsuitable for a chairman of Rangers; who found his claim that he'd never heard of Green et al as either bullshit or an indication that he's going blind into a job no-one should go blind into; who nearly keeled over at the thought of 'owing Brian Stockbridge a debt of thanks'; and who think that, while a CEO can support any team or none, a figurehead chairman ought to support the club are now guilty of expecting things 'to change at a business level in a matter of seconds'.

But just say that's true, & I did want that to happen.

David Somers comes in, has a meeting with the requisitioners, and, in measured language, points out all their faults and failings and announces that, regrettably, he won't be able to work with them. Of course, the decision will be made at the AGM but from his position, including going over the minutes, he feels it would be a backward step. Then David Somers tells whoever is releasing & writing our statements to leave out the kindergarten stuff, & from now on we'll be attacking the other side with class. It may be a put on, a disguise, but that's how we're doing it.

I suggest that would have taken about a morning at most.

But it's not about expecting miracles. It's entirely about finding Somers as a chairman a very square peg in a round hole - he's not a Rangers fan, he apparently knows precisely zero about the club's history up to an including one month ago, yet he's in a position to release infantile statements which suggest he's up to his knees in the trench warfare every bit as much as Paul Murray. Considering he has done very little, it's quite a tribute to his unsuitability that he has managed to get so much wrong.

I put much of the above down to the current state of mind. And that is by no means an insult, far from it. We all have our own opinions of certain people, but these last few months, not to mention those after admin have taken their toll. Quite a bit of what is being said is being put under the microscope.

E.g. his remark about not having heard about Green and Co.. We (sic!) have been subjected to all this on a daily basis. We live and breath Rangers. You will get the odd comment in the English press too, some stuff reaches the wider world of football reporting. Now, if I take the rather football interested German public as an example, we got a bit of coverage during our demise, the entrance to the fourth tier, the world record for a fourth tier game and ... lo and behold ... some remarks about us making a 14m loss after the first year. There it essentially ends. You (Scottish people) may think that the world might have taken note and pays at least some interest in us? Not really. Their lifes rotate about their own clubs, the CL, the World Cup, ManU, Bayern, Ronaldo et al. Hence, I would assume that Wallace and Somers have sure heard about Rangers and Whyte and Green ... but that was at best some remote info as being presented by Sky. IMHO, that equates to next to nothing, which Somers essentially says. So is he "lying" when he says he had no idea about Green et al? Answer that for yourself.

That was what, Somers' second ever statement? And he gets FLAK as if he's Green's cousin. Well, well ...

I put much of the above down to the current state of mind. And that is by no means an insult, far from it. We all have our own opinions of certain people, but these last few months, not to mention those after admin have taken their toll. Quite a bit of what is being said is being put under the microscope.

E.g. his remark about not having heard about Green and Co.. We (sic!) have been subjected to all this on a daily basis. We live and breath Rangers. You will get the odd comment in the English press too, some stuff reaches the wider world of football reporting. Now, if I take the rather football interested German public as an example, we got a bit of coverage during our demise, the entrance to the fourth tier, the world record for a fourth tier game and ... lo and behold ... some remarks about us making a 14m loss after the first year. There it essentially ends. You (Scottish people) may think that the world might have taken note and pays at least some interest in us? Not really. Their lifes rotate about their own clubs, the CL, the World Cup, ManU, Bayern, Ronaldo et al. Hence, I would assume that Wallace and Somers have sure heard about Rangers and Whyte and Green ... but that was at best some remote info as being presented by Sky. IMHO, that equates to next to nothing, which Somers essentially says. So is he "lying" when he says he had no idea about Green et al? Answer that for yourself.

That was what, Somers' second ever statement? And he gets FLAK as if he's Green's cousin. Well, well ...

DB, we are to believe that Mr Somers did no research into the organisation he was agreeing to join as Chairman and then within a few weeks had forgotten how, and by whom, he was appointed?

I'm prepared to give people the benefit of the doubt most of the time, but those comments stretch credulity too far for me I'm afraid.

dB, I take on board, and agree with, your comments regarding the wider world's views on and coverage of events at Ibrox. However, with regard to Somers, you are cutting this guy far too much slack. Either he really knew nothing about the events leading up to his appointment, in which case he is too stupid and ill-prepared to be our chairman, or he is lying, in which case he is too dishonest to be our chairman.

DB, we are to believe that Mr Somers did no research into the organisation he was agreeing to join as Chairman and then within a few weeks had forgotten how, and by whom, he was appointed?

I'm prepared to give people the benefit of the doubt most of the time, but those comments stretch credulity too far for me I'm afraid.

Maybe I missed something, but Somers was appointed by the directors that were ... Stockbridge and Easdale. As I said, once he was in for and in the job, he sure read enough about Green et al. And it would be stupid to say otherwise. What I am saying is that I do not regard it as lie when he says:

Let me say categorically, that until I joined the Board a mere 4 weeks ago yesterday, I had never heard of Charles Green, Imran Ahmad, Craig Whyte, or any of the other characters in Rangers’ history. To my knowledge, I have never met them, nor had business dealings with them. Nor would I recognise them if I passed them on a street.

... not least when it comes to Ahmad and Whyte. The reaction you get from some quarters is a touch over the top as far as I am concerned. Obviously, I might be totally wrong, but only future will tell us.

I think the biggest issue for both camps is definitely Stockbridge if the current board and Charles Green have been up to any financial whataboutery and Stockbridge is replaced by a credible Financial Director they will be left wide open to an investigation, I think Somers has probably been put in place by a desperate board trying to keep the truth from being exposed to the supporters.

Maybe I missed something, but Somers was appointed by the directors that were ... Stockbridge and Easdale.

The chances of that being correct are slim at best. They may have had to technically agree to his appointment by adding a scribble to a piece of paper or two, but I'm almost certain that Somers will have been appointed by Daniel Stewart & co, a company who's independence is highly questionable.

I've no problem with the world taking no notice of Rangers. My problem is with someone taking no notice of Rangers and then getting a job there. We don't have the luxury of allowing people to bed themselves in gently, I'm afraid! It's 'in at the deep end', and if you need a month to learn to swim you are, bluntly, of little use.