Snippet taken from another board:

Got to this page of this thread and was thinking it would be nice to get a summary on lots of threads on Rangers forums.

Sometimes you log on and there's a 5+ page thread that might be about stuff I don't fully appreciate e.g. The finances or boardroom politics. Then you get many people posting their own take on everything and it all gets confusing.

So thanks for posting that, many other topics could do with it.

you expect them to come clean at the agm?

No, but I expect that we'll get a working board with clarity about the chairman, CEO and FD jobs. You would hope that people previously unconnected with the club (e.g. Wallace) will clean this up ... whether in the open or not. There will be calls for more clarity, transparency and all, which I doubt will be fully heeded (Vodafone doesn't do it, so why would a listed company like us do it?). But as long as we are run by professionals and within our means, I'll be reasonably happy. Much of what has happened since Whyte up to this day has been a shambles and needs investigated by the right people. As I said though, for the time being (!) I want the club being run by professionals rather than those who did it these last two years. (And I actually count King in amongst those professionals and hope that "Rangers men" will get a place on the board in due course.)

Well, I was referring to "being run within our means" not according to our current "income", which would see us shed 75% of our squad and staff, of course. As long as we are playing where we are, we will not "survive" by ST/gate money and some TV/sponsorship deals alone. What I was referring to was that we should take care about not shedding money where it is not needed or even leaking it to non-club beneficial things (be that inflated wages, bonuses and the like). There is no doubt that we need investment as long as we are not back in Europe and within a league where TV income is actually worth anything.