They've been sponsoring and investing in/helping Morton for years. I don't think they own any significant part of the club despite having made offers to do so, but were regularly paying for advertising boards, pages in their match programme, buying matchday hospitality and spending their wonga at sportsman dinners. They also paid for the signing of Colin McMenemin and supposedly paid for that players wages too, so I think it's safe to say that they've spent significant amounts on their support of Morton. Maybe everything changed when they caught Charles Green's Rangersitis infection though.

That's interesting because:

SFA Articles of Association 13.2

Except with the prior written consent of the Board, any person who (i) is a member of a

club, (ii) is involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management or administration of

a club or (iii) has any power whatsoever to influence the management or administration

of a club may not take up any such role with another club until such time as the

Scottish FA is reasonably satisfied that such person has ceased to hold such role in the

first club.

and before I get a knock on the door or a lawyer's letter, once again just stating a fact and not implying anything at all.

Now, if you had one like that dated on or after 9 July 2013...................................................................

Unless they've very recently withdrawn their sponsorship, then they are probably still advertisers and sponsors at Cappielow via McGill's. They're certainly still listed as a main sponsor on the football club's website and I've seen images taken within the past 3 months or so with the McGill's advertising boards still in place at Cappielow. It was also only just back in May or thereabouts that they were still making significant donations to the club because there was a notable McGill's donation to the Greenock Morton Youth Academy with the Easdales posing for photos with some of the Academy kids at the Renfrew Gala Day in June. No doubt they'll withdraw slightly from supporting Morton financially, although I'd doubt if they'll withdraw completely, especially if that's one of their own kids playing for the Morton U14s.

Unless they've very recently withdrawn their sponsorship, then they are probably still advertisers and sponsors at Cappielow via McGill's. They're certainly still listed as a main sponsor on the football club's website and I've seen images taken within the past 3 months or so with the McGill's advertising boards still in place at Cappielow. It was also only just back in May or thereabouts that they were still making significant donations to the club because there was a notable McGill's donation to the Greenock Morton Youth Academy with the Easdales posing for photos with some of the Academy kids at the Renfrew Gala Day in June. No doubt they'll withdraw slightly from supporting Morton financially, although I'd doubt if they'll withdraw completely, especially if that's one of their own kids playing for the Morton U14s.

I won't be marching to Hampden but it might be worth someone asking the SFA the question about whether a major sponsor would come into the category of someone who "(iii) has any power whatsoever to influence the management or administration of a club (and therefore) may not take up any such role with another club until such time as the Scottish FA is reasonably satisfied that such person has ceased to hold such role in the first club."

I remember when I was refereeing the juniors and a certain young man by the name of Nardini, who honestly couldn't kick a ball, started every game on the right wing for Largs Thistle, who were sponsored by, yes you've guessed it, a certain ice cream parlour not a million miles from Barrfields Park.