1) does anyone else think Wallace, Somers and Crichton will all be gone before the end of the season ?

2) at what point will Dave King be approached to invest in and takeover Rangers?

When I hear our new CEO talking about cutting costs I genuinely worry if that involves the first team squad. This team needs strengthened not weakened which these costs would ultimately achieve.If he goes ahead with this I genuinely believe we could return to what we were in the early 1980's with a sub-standard team which people won't pay to watch.

I'd previously said this new board needs to be given time.Now though I'm not so sure. Some of the insinuations being made give me cause for concern.

(1) No (unless Wallace has been used as a stooge to get them through the AGM).

(2) Dave King will never want to, nor be asked to, take over Rangers. He will only choose to invest once this board show compromise to a degree. One way would be the addition of at least one of the requistioners. King felt there was still an outsider influencing the current board, which will only change if they let someone 'from the other side' on the board, which would prove they have nothing to hide. King will not invest if he continues to think they are being influenced behind the scenes.

(1) No (unless Wallace has been used as a stooge to get them through the AGM).

(2) Dave King will never want to, nor be asked to, take over Rangers. He will only choose to invest once this board show compromise to a degree. One way would be the addition of at least one of the requistioners. King felt there was still an outsider influencing the current board, which will only change if they let someone 'from the other side' on the board, which would prove they have nothing to hide. King will not invest if he continues to think they are being influenced behind the scenes.

If things get as bad as I suggest(the team performing poorly and funds running out) then I believe it is inevitable DK will be approached(on his terms of course).I also reckon Ally McCoist may well quit next month if his squad is severely weakened by selling the likes of Lee Wallace.That would cause the board serious problems too.

Have to say I'm uneasy about Graham Wallace. Very easy to be Man City CFO when you've got Sheikh Mansour's billions but Rangers a totally different ballgame altogether.

This team needs strengthened not weakened which these costs would ultimately achieve.

Yet by strengthening the team, this would undoubtedly lead to an increase in costs, which many folk are complaining is far to high for the current league standing as it is....you can't have it both ways!!!

As for cost cutting, I would say this needs to be done away from the playing side. I'm sure there are plenty of areas that could be streamlined.

As for Wallace, Somers & Crichton....I hope they all stay, if only to give a period of stability to the boardroom. This is a must if we are to attract fresh investment.

King will possibly invest once the stability has been achieved.

Wallace doesn't look like a stooge to me. Somers on the other hand...

Stooge is probably the wrong phrase. I trust Wallace, but my concern is that this board have brought him in because of his obvious credibility, to get them through an AGM, and I worry if that is the case, will they try to get rid of him?

Stooge is probably the wrong phrase. I trust Wallace, but my concern is that this board have brought him in because of his obvious credibility, to get them through an AGM, and I worry if that is the case, will they try to get rid of him?

You trust him? Woah! He might not be a stooge but I'd hold back on trusting anyone for a long time! ;)

You trust him? Woah! He might not be a stooge but I'd hold back on trusting anyone for a long time! ;)

If he weakens the first team squad next month by selling players and not replacing them then any trust will surely disappear.