Mohsni has indeed been a disaster waiting to happen.

He is always chirping away at the referees, which makes him an easy target.

Undoubtedly he is a good CB at this level, hardly ever misses a header and his interceptions are well-timed.

However, he is lackadaisical in the extreme: he was one of several at fault for Stranraer's run busting equaliser as he jogged back towards LB from the corner and last night there were several occasions when McCulloch could be seen shouting and gesticulating at him to get back into position following runs up the park. There were numerous occasions when he pointed out unmarked players whilst he was marking no one.

He had lost the plot long before the end of the match and his passing went with it. His first caution was for an off the ball incident when he walked about 20 yards to confront an Airdrie player and both Faure and MCulloch were trying to hold him back from getting involved with Bollan.

McCoist must have seen what we all saw and should have substituted him with Cribari or moved Faure to CB and sent on Foster at RB instead of replacing Clark.

It's a bit late "talking to him" after the event.

How long would he last in an old firm game, never mind the white heat of Tynecastle next season?

Undoubtedly he is a good CB at this level, hardly ever misses a header and his interceptions are well-timed.

However, he is lackadaisical in the extreme: he was one of several at fault for Stranraer's run busting equaliser as he jogged back towards LB from the corner and last night there were several occasions when McCulloch could be seen shouting and gesticulating at him to get back into position following runs up the park. There were numerous occasions when he pointed out unmarked players whilst he was marking no one.

He had lost the plot long before the end of the match and his passing went with it. His first caution was for an off the ball incident when he walked about 20 yards to confront an Airdrie player and both Faure and MCulloch were trying to hold him back from getting involved with Bollan.

McCoist must have seen what we all saw and should have substituted him with Cribari or moved Faure to CB and sent on Foster at RB instead of replacing Clark.

How long would he last in an old firm game, never mind the white heat of Tynecastle next season?

All very true. So why is everyone on here getting so uptight about what the DR said? Or it it just a case of looking to be offended?

All very true. So why is everyone on here getting so uptight about what the DR said? Or it it just a case of looking to be offended?

I'm not bothered about the DR; I think it's just that some fans always want to blame the opposition players, manager, the referee, etc etc; rather than the shortcomings of one of our players.

Jeez, that's harsh BH, very harsh. Mohsni has been at the heart of a defence that's conceded 8 league goals and 2 points all season. He's done that whilst mainly being partnered by McCulloch, an experienced and able player but certainly not a natural centre half. He's been booked 5 times prior to Airdrie, hardly excessive or a 'disaster waiting to happen'.

The Airdrie manager seems to be escaping criticism for his part in Mohsni's sending off, Bollan was a disgrace, it shouldn't have been left to Mohsni to deal with, McCoist or McDowall should have chinned him before that.

Mohsni is no Richard Gough, but he's hardly a disaster either. Your words are not out of place on the hyperbole thread BH.

I'd say 5 mins in current state.

Jeez, that's harsh BH, very harsh. Mohsni has been at the heart of a defence that's conceded 8 league goals and 2 points all season. He's done that whilst mainly being partnered by McCulloch, an experienced and able player but certainly not a natural centre half. He's been booked 5 times prior to Airdrie, hardly excessive or a 'disaster waiting to happen'.

The Airdrie manager seems to be escaping criticism for his part in Mohsni's sending off, Bollan was a disgrace, it shouldn't have been left to Mohsni to deal with, McCoist or McDowall should have chinned him before that.

Mohsni is no Richard Gough, but he's hardly a disaster either. Your words are not out of place on the hyperbole thread BH.

That's a new one on me; is it a private club or can anyone get in?

I did say he is a good player at this level; I didn't say that he is a disaster as a player; far from it. I enjoy watching him.

By "disaster waiting to happen" I was talking in reference to his sending off. It is clear, not just from Airdrie, that his temprament is suspect and he is easily wound up, something opposition managers will have taken careful note of.

If he can cure himself of that tendency or be cured of it somehow, then he could go on to be an excellent player for us through the leagues and I fervently hope that does happen. If not then Faure proved to be a very able CB at the beginning of the season and we have at least 3/4 others ready to step in.

I well remember another Algerian CB (along with Whittaker) spoiling my trip to Malmo; I wouldn't want that experience again.

That's a new one on me; is it a private club or can anyone get in?

Well you certainly can.

I did say he is a good player at this level; I didn't say that he is a disaster as a player; far from it. I enjoy watching him.

By "disaster waiting to happen" I was talking in reference to his sending off. It is clear, not just from Airdrie, that his temprament is suspect and he is easily wound up, something opposition managers will have taken careful note of.

If he can cure himself of that tendency or be cured of it somehow, then he could go on to be an excellent player for us through the leagues and I fervently hope that does happen. If not then Faure proved to be a very able CB at the beginning of the season and we have at least 3/4 others ready to step in.

I well remember another Algerian CB (along with Whittaker) spoiling my trip to Malmo; I wouldn't want that experience again.

You are over reacting, he'd that reputation before he joined us, opposition players and managers were well aware of it and have targeted him all season. He's reacted badly only once and frankly Bollan in particular had it coming. I'm really not sure what point you are trying to make by highlighting the nationality of Madjid Bougherra, in what possible way is it relevant to Mohsni?

The only over reaction I can see has been by the Daily Record and some posts on this thread.

He's reacted badly only once and frankly Bollan in particular had it coming. I'm really not sure what point you are trying to make by highlighting the nationality of Madjid Bougherra, in what possible way is it relevant to Mohsni?

He did have a poor record at Southend including 17 bookings and four red cards in three seasons. He is a strange mixture turning out as a striker and a winger to get a game but also apparently twice leaving when games were in progress (presumably he was not selected or had been substituted).

I was simply pointing out that another Algerian CB had let us down badly but was also an excellent footballer, capable of charging up the pitch to good effect; obviously a complete coincidence on both counts.

He did have a poor record at Southend including 17 bookings and four red cards in three seasons. He is a strange mixture turning out as a striker and a winger to get a game but also apparently twice leaving when games were in progress (presumably he was not selected or had been substituted).

I was simply pointing out that another Algerian CB had let us down badly but was also an excellent footballer, capable of charging up the pitch to good effect; obviously a complete coincidence on both counts.

Mohsni isn't Algerian, he was born and raised in France of Tunisian parents. I'm completely lost as to what possible relevance Bougherra has to this. Whittaker was sent off in the same match, can I expect you to express concern about Wallace's temperament seeing as they were both born in the same city?