Rangers fan cleared over online post about Celtic manager Neil Lennon

You think? I would have thought an investigation that established no link to the two guys who sent the 'bomb', only 23 followers on Twitter and not actually making a threat would have meant any procurator fiscal would have decided not to proceed. Evidence and intent might be a good starting point for ascertaining parameters.

To be fair BH I've not read anyone congratulating the clown. Criticising the authorities isn't the same thing.

I guess you thought wrong. Maybe the next time they will know better, now.

Police Scotland are now trawling Twitter for naughty comments now? They must have solved all the murders and robberies then. Ridiculous.

Chances are they haven't but CID deal with the more serious crimes like "murders and robberies". FoCUS deal with the football related crime. Someone else who knows nothing about the working of the police yet are always keen to run their mouth about them. Now that's ridiculous.

Anyway, if the knuckle draggers who post these comments on social media sites need to grow up and realise there's more to life than Celtic, Neil Lennon, Peter Lawwell, the SFA and football in general.

Chip shop worker Hay, from Kirkintilloch posted "I seriously do wish that someone would kill that ugly ginger c***, I should've planned my parcel bombs better, next time it'll work #w*****".

I'm fairly amazed actually. If this was a tweet written about someone connected with RFC we would be up in arms. I know the law is unpopular (an opinion I agree with) but I don't condone writing this sort of shit either. Hopefully he's learned his lesson. I hate this crap being connected with our club.

Chances are they haven't but CID deal with the more serious crimes like "murders and robberies". FoCUS deal with the football related crime. Someone else who knows nothing about the working of the police yet are always keen to run their mouth about them. Now that's ridiculous.

Anyway, if the knuckle draggers who post these comments on social media sites need to grow up and realise there's more to life than Celtic, Neil Lennon, Peter Lawwell, the SFA and football in general.

It all comes out the same budget, smartarse, our pockets. I wasn't defending the fella that posted the comment. This dept have software to search keywords on Twitter. If you don't see that as ridiculous, then good luck to you.

It all comes out the same budget, smartarse, our pockets. I wasn't defending the fella that posted the comment. This dept have software to search keywords on Twitter. If you don't see that as ridiculous, then good luck to you.

In fairness it's no different from other defence depts who check technological communications for trigger words. I imagine the word 'bomb' is high on the list trigger words for any agency. How exactly do you think they find intelligence for threats? Await a tip? There is a huge amount of analysis required.