What frustrates me most about this...

Pathetic. ? Really! Just because we have always done this does not make it right if we are financially fucked...

I do tend to agree with this.....

According to Google maps, Forfar's ground is a whopping 1hr 48mins away (ground to ground)......why do they need to stay in a plush 5* hotel before the game??? They ain't exactly gonna suffer jet-lag!!!!

It's an unnecessary expense....

People are missing the point here...

Its not the players budget or a pre match hotel stay (not required IMO) but the financial mismanagement in other areas.

If our wages bill is £6m a year and or turnover is close to £19m (I believe) where else are we over spending?

Why are we not doing the little things right?

Why do we not license Bar 72 for the whole Saturday to increase revenue after the match?

Why do we not publicise things like Stadium tours and Venue Hire correctly?

Why do we not play u20 games in the evening and charge people to come along to Murray Park?

There are countless things we could do better and cut back on - but people tend to focus on the playing staff - which in my opinion is rather short sighted.

But would 40,000+ fans turn up to watch a team full of kids struggling week in week out?

Would they renew their tickets the season after? We need a certain level of player to keep fans interested and attract today's youngsters to the games - instead of sitting at home watching "super sunday"

The team doesn't need to all be kids for the wage bill to be lowered, the squad is too big and there should be no issues with using young players as cover rather than the likes of Smith, Foster, Simonsen.

People are missing the point here...

Its not the players budget or a pre match hotel stay (not required IMO) but the financial mismanagement in other areas.

If our wages bill is £6m a year and or turnover is close to £19m (I believe) where else are we over spending?

Why are we not doing the little things right?

Why do we not license Bar 72 for the whole Saturday to increase revenue after the match?

Why do we not publicise things like Stadium tours and Venue Hire correctly?

Why do we not play u20 games in the evening and charge people to come along to Murray Park?

There are countless things we could do better and cut back on - but people tend to focus on the playing staff - which in my opinion is rather short sighted.

Looking at the playing staff will get the most publicity but I trust Wallace to be looking at several things.

The team doesn't need to all be kids for the wage bill to be lowered, the squad is too big and there should be no issues with using young players as cover rather than the likes of Smith, Foster, Simonsen.

Again missing the point - the problem is not the player wage, its everything else.

Being in the SPL does not generate that much more revenue than we do currently but we will need a much better level of player and in turn a much higher wage bill. In order to do this we need to streamline other areas of the business.

Again missing the point - the problem is not the player wage, its everything else.

Being in the SPL does not generate that much more revenue than we do currently but we will need a much better level of player and in turn a much higher wage bill. In order to do this we need to streamline other areas of the business.

Exactly what I have been saying in another thread....

I'd rather save up cash even if it is in theory affordable