We seem to be 'encouraging' bids for Lee Wallace

Ally "Lee Wallace will remain a Rangers player unless someone meets the clubs valuation".

I'm sorry Ally but that is not what you should be saying here, how about:

"Lee Wallace is one of the clubs best players and we discourage any bids for the player, I spoke to him yesterday and he loves it here and the fans love him"

Or he could have said:

"only a riduculous offer would tempt the club to sell" but we shot ourselves with that one and our quite scandalous £1.4M valuation.

Transfer windows used to be exciting for us, who will we sign, will we sign anyone. Now it's all about will we lose our best players. Building for the future? Hmmmm

This is something that has annoyed me for years and has always been very prevalent. I can't recall us ever saying a player was not for sale. Murray frequently said 'every player has their price'. The most notable example that made me cringe was when Daniel Cousin was attracting some interest and Martin Bain quite happily publicised the player's release clause. That was hardly going to decrease the chance of losing the player.

The tims on the other chance always seem to do their best to play down talk of their players leaving, and are always able to get decent cash for their players. We're lucky if we get a fee. Case in point when they got almost £2m for Craig Beattie who was utter dross. We pay off players like that.

I'm sure Celtic are just as open as us to selling their players for decent money but they do it in a much more intelligent fashion. The only times we have generated good money for players in recent years is when they have been absolute standouts like Cuellar, Boumson, Hutton and Ferguson whereby no amount of incompetence would stop a decent bid coming in from England.

To be honest, every single PR comment that comes out of our club makes me cringe and this has been the case for possibly a decade. Everything is just embarrassing and ill advised. Remember Ally a few years ago saying he didn't no if he had a contract or not? Come on to fuck....

How many times in the David Murray and even Craig Whyte days were we told a player categorically wasn't going anywhere only for them to be off before the end of the window?

Least this is more honest

I would be interesting in you providing some quotes because I struggle to think of many examples of this ever happening.

Possibly a 'not or sale' with a huge BUT at the end...

If we were in the top flight Wallace' valuation would be around the 6 million mark. I don't see how that valuation could change but being realistic of the league we are in now then clubs like Forest could have bid 3 million for him. They get a 6 million pound player for half price and we double our money. Anything else should be binned. 900k is an insult and Billy Davies a supposed Rangers man should take a look at himself.

If we were in the top flight Wallace' valuation would be around the 6 million mark. I don't see how that valuation could change but being realistic of the league we are in now then clubs like Forest could have bid 3 million for him. They get a 6 million pound player for half price and we double our money. Anything else should be binned. 900k is an insult and Billy Davies a supposed Rangers man should take a look at himself.

sorry to break it to you but he's worth nothing near that.

We didn't get much more for Ferguson who was 10 times the player Wallace is.

Why should he? Even if he had any say in the amount being bid for Wallace, then his duty and responsibility is to do his best for the club that employs him. To do anything else would be unprofessional at the very least.

Why should he? Even if he had any say in the amount being bid for Wallace, then his duty and responsibility is to do his best for the club that employs him. To do anything else would be unprofessional at the very least.

It was an insult bid end of. If he was worth 900k then it would have been fair.

sorry to break it to you but he's worth nothing near that.

We didn't get much more for Ferguson who was 10 times the player Wallace is.

If Hutton went for 9 million then he is more than twice the player of Wallace?