Andy Newport ‏@Andythemod9 1m

- On @PressAssocSport wire: Number of Rangers fans have taken first steps towards launching a bid to buy the club on behalf of Ibrox support

- Supporters Direct Scotland called in to offer advice on setting up a scheme similar to one being used by Hearts fans to rescue Jambos

- SDS has offered its help to get the bid off the ground and plan to discuss the plans with influential supporters in the coming weeks

Buying the Club seems like a very poor choice of words to me for what is essentially an exploratory meeting.

Andy Newport ‏@Andythemod9 1m

- On @PressAssocSport wire: Number of Rangers fans have taken first steps towards launching a bid to buy the club on behalf of Ibrox support

- Supporters Direct Scotland called in to offer advice on setting up a scheme similar to one being used by Hearts fans to rescue Jambos

- SDS has offered its help to get the bid off the ground and plan to discuss the plans with influential supporters in the coming weeks

Why would the meetings have to be with "inluential supporters"; they are exactly the people who didn't ante up before?

Having had a quick check on FF and RM, I think it might have a chance.

MD is against and 1st Jan is against.

Halfway there already. :)

You'll note that he's a lone dissenting voice.

The RST, confirmed by a board member on Twitter earlier, has no objections to the meeting.

The article is misleading though "buying the Clib" and "influential fans" aren't useful phrases, but I suppose that's to be expected from sports journos!

I don't know about others, but I have a feeling the posters all know each other and have had dealings before, probably through the Trust.

Are we not just going down the same old road with the same old individuals.

Which posters are you referring to? The ones on this thread?