well after his supposed salute to ferguson after scoring (havent seen it personally but was alleged to have held six fingers up in support of barry ferguson or "six" as he was known to some) alot of punters seem to be using this as an excuse to have a go at him.

We have been crying out for a replacement for coisty for a long long time. someone to score goals. people saying they dont care what else he does, as long as he scores. well this boy does.

not only that, he's a gers fan!

now if this celebration was what people are saying it was, after ferguson getting the chop, it was not a smart move.

some fans want to see him join ferguson (and be replaced by who?! sebo? :confused: ) cos "he's unfit" "lazy" etc

he's just back from injury and in 2 games has got 2 goals while being off form, imagine the boy on form?!

also this could be a potential wake up call for him, and he could improve even more as an all-round player...

basically, i wonder what the fans on here think about this, rather than the (addictive) rash, repetitive and extreme comments you find on FF...

My idol as a kid was Super Ally, and i used to pretend to be him on the playground at school. I think Boyd did the same, only he has a chance to be the modern-day McCoist. I hope he's given the chance to fill coisty's golden boots! (won 2 seasons on the trot)

I am far from Boyd's biggest fan - IMO he is lazy, can't trap a ball, can't make runs off the ball, but one thing you can't argue with is the lads scoring record. His is now the SPL's 2nd highest scorer 68 goals behind Larrson. IMO, Boyd will take 3 seasons to surpass that record.

As for his support of BF, he is a 'Rangers man' and has also been quoted, along with Prso as players who have questioned the managers signings, tactics and direction.

It is far to early to compare Boyd to McCoist, in fact, I would wager that KB will NEVER be half the player that McCoist was (there is no shame in that for Boyd tho), but he can score goals.

But given his 'salute', he could be next out the door as it is no seceret that PLG doesn't rate him.

Cammy F

hes our main goal threat deffo. But today he was caught offside too many times and fouled defenders too often. Also think hes too lazy.

I believe though when the better service is coming to him he will be banging them in.

Yep .... with Fergie being pushed out the door, let's make big Boyd next, as im sick fed up of us having all these Rangers fans playing for the team, let us stick to consumate professionals like Sionko, Sebo, Svensson, etc, who give their all for the club

.... wait, where's that smiley ..... oh wait, here it is :rolleyes:

I don't think it was clever of Boyd but I also think Le Guens treatment of Boyd has been shoddy. If it wasn't for Boyd we would be an empty threat, this boy has a serious eye for goal and we can't afford to lose him. So what if he is lazy or clumbsy as long as he keeps scoring like he is? If Boyd were to be next out the door I would be absolutley livid, Barry and Boyd are two of our best assets.

I thought him and Prso linked up very well considering they've not played much together in a 4-4-2 and it bodes well for the future if they get time to develop an understanding.

The Scots lads seem to be the ones who take a lot of the flak at the moment, even though they're quite young and a lot of time its flak from people who've been complaining about us signing over-paid foreigners, so there's no pleasing some people.