Owen Coyle: Rangers shouldn't be second favourites to lift Scottish Cup this season..

Double the wage bill of our nearest rivals in the cup, nothing stopping us.

Apparently that doesn't matter ;)

Would have thought our wages are a lot greater than that...Aberdeen players are on peanuts. I remember when they signed Craig Hignett on something like £15k wages, that was seen as a blue chip signing for them. Would their players be on much more than a couple of grand a week?

Apparently that doesn't matter ;)

Would have thought our wages are a lot greater than that...Aberdeen players are on peanuts. I remember when they signed Craig Hignett on something like £15k wages, that was seen as a blue chip signing for them. Would their players be on much more than a couple of grand a week?

It probably will be more than that mate, i was being generous. I would think their highest paid player would be on £2/3k tops given their serious financial hardship which makes the job Del is doing all the more remarkable.

The fact is our squad and team are so much stronger than all the rest, there are no excuses now not to win this cup.

It probably will be more than that mate, i was being generous. I would think their highest paid player would be on £2/3k tops given their serious financial hardship which makes the job Del is doing all the more remarkable.

The fact is our squad and team are so much stronger than all the rest, there are no excuses now not to win this cup.

I think the reason we probably wont is that we haven't really progressed too much over the last two years, especially defensively. Our lack of defensive resources will get exposed in a big way I think, and Ally doesn't have the tactical savvy to protect the defence against better teams. I have to say (although I hate to) McInnes has improved Aberdeen beyond belief. His team have the ability to rip us to shreds due to their speed going forward, the number of bodies that get forward, and their overall tactics this season. They really enjoy hitting on the break with numbers so Ibrox would not phase them in the slightest. I think we need them and Dundee Utd to draw each other.

What I will say is that if we got them in the final, the euphoria and global interest it would create could lead to an atmosphere that would possibly carry us to levels we can't even forecast at this stage. So who knows.

I think the reason we probably wont is that we haven't really progressed too much over the last two years, especially defensively. Our lack of defensive resources will get exposed in a big way I think, and Ally doesn't have the tactical savvy to protect the defence against better teams. I have to say (although I hate to) McInnes has improved Aberdeen beyond belief. His team have the ability to rip us to shreds due to their speed going forward, the number of bodies that get forward, and their overall tactics this season. They really enjoy hitting on the break with numbers so Ibrox would not phase them in the slightest. I think we need them and Dundee Utd to draw each other.

What I will say is that if we got them in the final, the euphoria and global interest it would create could lead to an atmosphere that would possibly carry us to levels we can't even forecast at this stage. So who knows.

There is no doubt in my mind McInnes would have the tactical beating of McCoist every day of the week. I would love him at Ibrox.

In saying that there is not a club left in this competition which can rival the resources or level of player we have. There are and will be no excuses.

The complete lack of cohesive passing, no build up play, terrible football generally is more of a worry than the defence to me.

The defence is always something that can be improved. If the team cannot pass the ball and work creatively as a unit then you are never really going to get far. Walter achieved success domestically but often had huge resources that relied on individual player quality to see us through games.

Some managers that play dire football like Allardyce and Pulis might do enough with their direct football to escape relegation most seasons but a team which cannot pass the ball is never going to amount to much unless they have significant individual brilliance that they can rely on. There is a reason that the sides that all the top sides play possession based football. I can't recall a side that plays direct football ever winning the champions league. In the 90's if we had a manager that had a better philosophy, we might not have got hammered in Europe season after season.

Mourinho gets a lot of criticism for his style of play but his sides generally keep the ball on the deck, they rarely lose possession and they are lethal on the counter.