Owen Coyle: Rangers shouldn't be second favourites to lift Scottish Cup this season..

Yesterday morning I felt like we were maybe 2nd-4th favourites but looking at the teams left in it we should be joint favourites. If we get a home tie we should be capable of winning it.

Dumbarton

Albion Rovers

Raith

Stranraer or Inverness (If Stranraer can draw with Caley we can beat them)

St Johnstone

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd or St Mirren

There is absolutely nothing to consider fearing there and in years gone by that would be a dream line up for us. But I will take anything except Aberdeen away, more so the fact I don't want to play them for non-footballing reasons.

But the good thing is its another season without a Celtic match to fund Doncaster and Co. And its another season to prepare for when we do meet them. Next season our opposition should be tougher on paper so will need us to raise the bar again on a weekly basis.

When is the draw anyway?

Yesterday morning I felt like we were maybe 2nd-4th favourites but looking at the teams left in it we should be joint favourites. If we get a home tie we should be capable of winning it.

Dumbarton

Albion Rovers

Raith

Stranraer or Inverness (If Stranraer can draw with Caley we can beat them)

St Johnstone

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd or St Mirren

There is absolutely nothing to consider fearing there and in years gone by that would be a dream line up for us. But I will take anything except Aberdeen away, more so the fact I don't want to play them for non-footballing reasons.

But the good thing is its another season without a Celtic match to fund Doncaster and Co. And its another season to prepare for when we do meet them. Next season our opposition should be tougher on paper so will need us to raise the bar again on a weekly basis.

When is the draw anyway?

Tomorrow after the Dundee Hibs game

4/1 with paddypower

http://www.paddypower.com/football/uk-football/scottish-fa-cup

Great positive thread after a good performance to get us to the quarter finals and Celtic out as well... oh wait. I'm not sure how good a manager Ally is but I can say that I've never seen such a poor level of support on a Rangers forum.

Great positive thread after a good performance to get us to the quarter finals and Celtic out as well... oh wait. I'm not sure how good a manager Ally is but I can say that I've never seen such a poor level of support on a Rangers forum.

I don't think there has been a poor level of support at all. Everyone who was at the game said it was how we should play and we bossed the game, it was more like the Rangers we should be seeing every week. Those not at the game all said its a very good result.

Moving on we obviously look forward to the next draw and debate who we get. And going by performances overall this season most think we could come up against a side who tactically beat us due to Ally's past tactics. That's not poor support, that's just saying what we all know. But Friday night proved what we are capable of and that's why I think the only thing to fear is our own game plan rather than the opposition in the next round.

I'm sure that the Rangers players seeing the BHEASTS getting humped out by the SHEEP will give them some belief that they have a wee chance of keeping the cup run going,and considering the semi will be at Ibrox then there is real chance of making the final and a good chance of winning the Scottish cup,I'm sure that incentive will spur them on.

The treble is still on:rfcbouncy:

Edited by ian1964

Sorry but I thought the thread was about whether we should or shouldn't be second favourites for the cup. It then moved on a stage because of yesterday's results. It became a constructive discussion on why we possibly will\won't win the cup. It is generally agreed amongst a huge element of the support that our manager is not the best. So I don't see why you expect the thread not to discuss his short comings when the subject is key to answering the question in the OP.

It's probably because Super Cooper has been busy loading the bullets should we not win the Cup, which is a little bit of an over reaction given we don't know who we'll be playing, injuries, suspensions, ref decisions, and all the other variables which come into football.

Reacting to a good win and some favourable results elsewhere by getting a pistol out and holding it to the manager's head is not exactly constructive.