Next Gers manager?

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

thats your opinion and thats fine.

smith knows the scottish game inside out AND IS AN IDEAL REPLACEMENT TO WIN US THE LEAGUE BACK

sorry about caps

Based on what would he win us the league back ? His last stint as manager ? What he is currently doing for Scotland ?

National and club management are very different.

And the last time hwe was with us we were far superior to everyone else int he SPL in every way, he had much more resource than every other manager too.

I won't dismiss his achievements with us but they were attained under very different cuircumstances to the present day !

please explain?

OK.

Walter Smith came, won and is now a legend so he shouldn't risk his reputation on a sinking ship. Also, apart from one season he failed in europe. One season doesn't make him a european success. OK, he won us 8 successive league titles but I'm an ambitious Rangers fan and want us to do well in Europe.

As for Butcher, he left Murderwell for a holiday in Australia. Says it all really.

Who were the other names in the frame before PLG was appointed? I remember Curbishley being mentioned a lot, but since we moved forums, the history only goes back to May.

McCoist with Smith for support was mentioned on SSN too.

My brother just phoned me saying that Peter Martin just reported on Clyde 1 Murray is in talks with McCoist in Edinburgh :confused:

He said Smith would be in the genarel manager but McCoist would be in charge.

Anyone lisning and hear this ?

I don't particularly want to see McCoist in the position - too green for my liking - not sure he would be able to steady the ship, would love to see it though !