PLG - his obituary

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

I'm disappointed in some of the posts in this thread. Having a go at a man who tried and failed it's pitiful. He could've been out best manager in time but I suppose we'll never know.

I hope all the PLG haters are happy, especially those who email sports shows on the tv, phone the phone in and act like fannies on camera. You are an embarrassment.

I'm disappointed in some of the posts in this thread. Having a go at a man who tried and failed it's pitiful. He could've been out best manager in time but I suppose we'll never know.

I hope all the PLG haters are happy, especially those who email sports shows on the tv, phone the phone in and act like fannies on camera. You are an embarrassment.

Agree with you there mate. Its really embarrasing some of the interviews on tele. I am not a PLG hater but i just feel it wasnt working. Thought he would have come good.

There was real promise and optimism after the first few matches, but I'm not entirely sure where things went wrong for him. At least he's given some of our young Scottish lads a chance which is something we've been crying out about for years.

A big thing for me though is what's been going on behind the scenes. Until we know what's happened, its difficult to make a fair judgement about the guy.

There was real promise and optimism after the first few matches, but I'm not entirely sure where things went wrong for him. At least he's given some of our young Scottish lads a chance which is something we've been crying out about for years.

A big thing for me though is what's been going on behind the scenes. Until we know what's happened, its difficult to make a fair judgement about the guy.

Completely agree there mate. I think most foreign managers coming in off the cuff wouldnt have given a young scottish player like Smith or Adam (and eventually McGregor) as much of an opportunity as he did.

whats this obituary all about.

see if the fans got behind leguen as much as they did gave him grief, then maybe, MAYBE we`d have turned it round!

also, he should`ve had more mony to make better signings

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

I agree to an extent, but the question is how long is long enough. We are in a worse position than we were last year, and Eck was getting it from everywhere for months.

PLG has somehow managed to have a bit of a charmed existence at Ibrox, as his results, his transfers (3 players from Austrian league, one of the few leagues worse than the SPL), his tactics, his attitude towards players who don't agree with him (Fernando, Bardsley, Barry) showed that he was out of his depth at Ibrox.

I wish him well as he is obviously a talented manager, but he failed to appraciate the pace and tempo of the Scottish game, and also to adjust his tactics and teams in certain games, which clearly showed he was not up to the job.

I think 'confusing' is a good epitaph for his reign

Against Hibs a few weeks back, i saw the best first half performance i had seen in years, thought we may just have turned a corner ..... but then such performances were always followed by defeat by some wee diddy team

It never made any sense :(

I think 'confusing' is a good epitaph for his reign

Against Hibs a few weeks back, i saw the best first half performance i had seen in years, thought we may just have turned a corner ..... but then such performances were always followed by defeat by some wee diddy team

It never made any sense :(

Confusing is probably right, and we could go on about how many corners we have turned this year.

But again, the same players that played Hibs off the park and put Celtic to the sword were then the same players who couldn't take care of ICT or even St Mirren at Ibrox.

Players, as well as PLG, are the reason we are in the mess we are.

ffs he had seven months?!

we're maybe a tiny bit worse than we were last season and people are ripping into him.

Ok some of his signings have been dodgy but fucking miles better than capucho, emerson , ostenstad?!

Given paltry financial support from the chairman... having been promised more - yet still people are saying he fucked up.

He came with high expectations - great reputation.

Fucked over by murray - not a lot of cash to spend.

Fucked over by the players - clear to see they're not interested in playing for him.

All this having <b>comfortably</b> achieved europe past xmas - eck didnt manage it.

Left leaving fans confused and asking millions of questions.

That should be his obituary.

this is the best post made today!

if all gers fans thought like this then this situation would never have happened.

i would ask ALL supposed true gers to take a long good look at themselves in the mirror tonight and ask if there happy with themselves now that he`s gone.

it`s a sham and many of us should be ashamed of ourselves for acting like this.

here was me thinking gers fans were the greatest in the world too.

well, i`ve changed my opinion overnight on that now. its shocking to0 think that these same so called gers fans were welcoming leguen in like a king only 7 months ago.

i hate to say this but i`m ASHAMED to be a gers fan right now and have to share the club with these fucking assholes that snipe at the manager when he`s just through the door.

SHOCKING!

Eck did manage past Christmas and it's pretty easy these days to make it erroneous to compare with previous managers.

We've reached the LAST 32! of the Uefa cup which is now weaker due to the better teams playing in the CL. Not bad but not exactly a great achievement. It's basically the old second round.

And the last 16 in the CL is only the old second round in the EC too, although you could argue that competition is now stronger.