i wouldn't look to king as an Allie. me i hope the board don't reject him again the fight if they do would be horrible.

very very few bears wont want kings 30 million to go in and if the board really wont allow it we could well go bust.

It's not about looking for an Allie I still think King went too far with his initial statement about ST money but he's sounded more grounded and balanced about the whole thing since he came to Scotland.

I've always said i'd be happy to see him involved

the security is being transferred. but as i say its essentially interest free.

The rate of interest charged is determined by a number of factors not least the risk; but two of the most important are the quality of the security and the loan to value of the security.

i know how banks work and they love lending money. it says something that they won't lend to us.

not necessarily anything drastic or anything we don't know but it has meaning.

I agree and wasn't trying to tell you how to suck eggs. But but by stating the obvious the point I was trying to make is banks do indeed like lending money but they also like to get it back so they can lend it to the next person or company. That main stream banks (apparently) don't want to lend to us does indeed tell its own story; though that has to be tempered by the industry that we are in and its history of loss making enterprises.

I wasn't suggesting that we shouldn't or won't need loan/credit facilities, but I do think that it's prudent to explore every possible option before jumping into bed with a bank again for the Club's ongoing 'additional' funding facilities.

George Letham has shown all on his own that a single high net worth Rangers fan can provide a significant loan and we can hopefully sleep easier at night knowing that he's very unlikely to shaft the Club on the deal.

If a GROUP of fans like George Letham could get together and organise an ongoing credit facility themselves for the Club, perhaps they could even get the wider support involved in participating with the SOLE AIM of any such venture being to provide the club with additional and emergency funding for as little cost as possible.

Nothing to do with fan ownership, divisions in the support or any perceptions of so-called 'blazer chasing', just a simple mechanism to provide the club with cheap, non-profit funding facilities.

It's not about looking for an Allie I still think King went too far with his initial statement about ST money but he's sounded more grounded and balanced about the whole thing since he came to Scotland.

I've always said i'd be happy to see him involved

its really up to the board if this gets bloody or not. we clearly wont match celtc without investment so they either bring in king or secure the investment elsewhere. or it gets mighty bloody.

my guess is another delaying tactic from the board saying not now. but we will see. both if thas the road they go down and whether anyone is still falling for that nonsense.

I wasn't suggesting that we shouldn't or won't need loan/credit facilities, but I do think that it's prudent to explore every possible option before jumping into bed with a bank again for the Club's ongoing 'additional' funding facilities.

George Letham has shown all on his own that a single high net worth Rangers fan can provide a significant loan and we can hopefully sleep easier at night knowing that he's very unlikely to shaft the Club on the deal.

If a GROUP of fans like George Letham could get together and organise an ongoing credit facility themselves for the Club, perhaps they could even get the wider support involved in participating with the SOLE AIM of any such venture being to provide the club with additional and emergency funding for as little cost as possible.

Nothing to do with fan ownership, divisions in the support or any perceptions of so-called 'blazer chasing', just a simple mechanism to provide the club with cheap, non-profit funding facilities.

It's an interesting concept a kind of HNW version of RFFF (not that I don't think some HNW fans contributed to that) but on a different level.

A RANGERS BANK almost. Who would be the Chair and who would be the CEO?

Actually this is very interesting, would Rangers fans in general deposit their money in a Rangers Bank if it paid little or no interest and its sole or main purpose was to lend money to Rangers FC at equally low interest and what about security for any such loan? It wouldn't get a banking licence on that basis and it would be an imprudent policy but nonethless it might be worth exploring.

Our own bank and stuff the others?

It's a lot better idea IMHO opinion than putting your ST money in a trust and hoping to get security over Ibrox and Murray Park, which isn't going to happen.

Food for thought there, Zappa.

I wouldn't lend this board a dvd, let alone a million notes. New company or not, we have a turnover of around £20m or so, and can't even get a decent overdraft facility, or loan at a normal rate? I'm sure if King fires in his £50m, the banks will be falling over themselves to become involved with us again.