Latest info on auto renewals.

Just some information in case anyone is running low on funds at the bank and wants to avoid any charges.

Around now you should be receiving an email from the club regarding season ticket renewals. At the bottom you should see the following text telling you if you are on the scheme for auto-renewal.

Quote:

Thank you for renewing your 2014/15 season ticket.

In the event that you wish to cancel you will have to inform the ticket office.

* At the moment we are unsure whether or not this has to be done in writing but the email address for them is TicketCentreMailBox@rangers.co.uk *

There seems to be more than a few people that don't remember ticking an auto-renew box. There must be one person on here that can remember?? Even the normally fastidious Brahim isn't 100% sure. If such a box didn't exist, 19 days to cancel is ridiculous.

I don't know why anyone would tick an auto-renew box. Anything can happen in a year, or around the time of renewal. You may die, or be in hospital, or away on holiday and forgot you ticked a box a year ago. A window of 19 days isn't enough for an auto-renewal. Couple that with 'worse' terms' if you don't go through with the auto-renewal and it doesn't sit right with me.

The contract I have with my internet provider lasts 18 months, if I don't contact them and renew, it defaults to a month by month payment contract, until either of us communicate and negotiate a new deal. This seems fair, and that's from scumbags like internet providers.

Auto renewal works for the club because it cuts down on administration and hence costs and it works for me if not for you because it saves me filling in new paperwork each year.

As far as I am concerned it is a win/win situation. Perhaps 21 days might have been better but 28 days would be too long in my opinion; long deadlines can easily be forgotten.

There is more than ample time to cancel if I or anyone else doesn't like the new terms.

I am confident that if you missed the deadline for good reason your case would get a sympathetic hearing. If I die and Rangers get an extra payment, I don't have a problem with that; perhaps they'll put my name on a brick.

I think you are just looking for excuses not to renew.

If you are so enamoured of your internet provider perhaps you should stay home playing games.

As others have said, the ST price rises are fair, but are only covering the £1.5m in loan/credit facilities that were needed recently, so the extra ST revenue won't actually put any extra money in the Clubs coffers for next season.

Renewals, payments and installments being brought forward by a significant amount provides funds for the summer months, makes the accounts to June 2014 look better on paper, but leaves the Club in deep shit half way through next season unless costs are slashed in a big way and non ST revenue streams are radically increased.

There will need to be a second share issue before Xmas or we'll be screwed.

Auto renewal works for the club because it cuts down on administration and hence costs and it works for me if not for you because it saves me filling in new paperwork each year. Fair enough stance, assuming you ticked a box agreeing to it.

As far as I am concerned it is a win/win situation. Perhaps 21 days might have been better but 28 days would be too long in my opinion; long deadlines can easily be forgotten. 19 days is too short for a number of practical reasons. Long holidays, far away pay-days etc.

There is more than ample time to cancel if I or anyone else doesn't like the new terms. You shouldn't have to cancel, unless you have previously agreed to renew. Anything else is just shady in any normal business.

I am confident that if you missed the deadline for good reason your case would get a sympathetic hearing. If I die and Rangers get an extra payment, I don't have a problem with that; perhaps they'll put my name on a brick. I would hope the club would return your money in the event of a death, and let your beneficiaries decide on having your name upon a brick.

I think you are just looking for excuses not to renew. Never had a season book, never will. I dislike the concept of paying for something I haven't used yet, especially when zero discount is involved. You even get a discount on your vehicle excise duty for paying it all up front, as opposed to six months.

If you are so enamoured of your internet provider perhaps you should stay home playing games. I despise most internet providers, much in the same way as I despise any company that charges for a service that they don't consistently deliver. This is the way our club is heading. I won't feel guilty for opposing them every step of the way.

:drum: .

Why have they not done it then? Why just a public statement saying it will be the fans fault if we do not renew?

Actions speak louder than words. It is not our mess. Our club has been financially raped.

Edit: Hearts did not need a brilliant lawyer, they needed crooks. We have plenty it seems....

I'm sorry but you're loosing me here.

To what public statement are you making reference?

I have no idea to whom you are referring in respect of Hearts but unsubstantiated comments like that are likely to find more lawyers letters in Frankie's mailbox.

We know there won't be a share issue the same way we knew season book renewals would be out before we ever saw the 120 day review.

I don't recall anyone saying they wouldn't be; the Chairman apparently said the review would be out before the deadline, which is still possible.

There seems to be more than a few people that don't remember ticking an auto-renew box. There must be one person on here that can remember?? Even the normally fastidious Brahim isn't 100% sure. If such a box didn't exist, 19 days to cancel is ridiculous.

I'll take that as a compliment, thanks.

If someone had asked me if I was on auto renew I would have said, YES; and when I saw the indication on the email, I assumed that was the case.

I will check the paperwork when I have time; but I am confident that they would not have auto renewed me if I hadn't so indicated and my recollection is that it goes back several years.

Why is 19 days to cancel ridiculous when you can send an email?