Rangers fans ponder next move on season ticket trust fund

If you are correct then I would agree with you, it's wrong even if they are doing it because it is the better/cheaper option.

Have they by any chance included a statement to those involved saying that we are doing it because we thought you would like to stay on the original scheme but you can of course opt out?

It's arguable that they are cutting their own throats by auto renewing the pay direct instalments, because it would be better for the Club for the instalment renewals to go through Zebra as they'll get the money up front; so it is easy for them to argue that it is in your interests to auto renew. If you look at it that way, then you could say that on the one hand the club get the benefit of all the auto renewals but on the other hand it takes longer for them to get the money.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't?

Or they could tell you how much it's going to cost before renewing you.

Or better still ask you if you would like to.

Better yet they could give you more than 19 days to decide.

Or they could tell you how much it's going to cost before renewing you.

Or better still ask you if you would like to.

Better yet they could give you more than 19 days to decide.

1) I agree with you on that; I don't like this sending an email with no figures then you have to wait for a letter (mine still hasn't arrived).

2) Already discussed.

3) Agree; somewhere in the region of 21-28 days would have been better.

We'll need to stop agreeing or the dinner isn't going to be much fun :party:

1) I agree with you on that; I don't like this sending an email with no figures then you have to wait for a letter (mine still hasn't arrived).

2) Already discussed.

3) Agree; somewhere in the region of 21-28 days would have been better.

We'll need to stop agreeing or the dinner isn't going to be much fun :party:

We can just bitch about frankie and Ian.

People are still looking at this trust all wrong. Especially the club. If it gets set up I will be putting about 500 quid in Rangers that they won't get otherwise.

Think of the sales if buying your ticket really could leave a legacy. Instead of just hollow words.

People are still looking at this trust all wrong. Especially the club. If it gets set up I will be putting about 500 quid in Rangers that they won't get otherwise.

Think of the sales if buying your ticket really could leave a legacy. Instead of just hollow words.

Unfortunately buying a season ticket is not like buying a heritable property.

I don't know about a legacy but you certainly could create a dynasty if you could sell out the stadium with ST's and create a waiting list.

In America "the Green Bay Packers have the most famous waiting list, with more than 105,000 names. This would mean a name placed on the list today would be eligible for season tickets in 955 years. It is a common custom in Green Bay and other Wisconsin cities to put a baby's name on the list as soon as the birth certificate is obtained. Transfer of standing to surviving relatives is permitted by the Packers. The Packers front office tell fans the wait will be for 30 years.

A lot of ideas here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_season_ticket_waiting_lists like charging to be on the waiting list. I know it's not what you want; but frankly you're not going to get what you want. It's just not realsistic and the sooner Mr Graham stops peddling that nonsense the better.

Just think if we could sell out Ibrox with ST's for next season, perhaps just leaving the corner for visiting fans. I don't know the current rule but I believe in the old SPL the home team had to give the vistors 10% or 15% of the tickets if required; not sure exactly but seem to remember we got 7,000 or so for Parkhead (think the 15% may be in Europe). I wonder what would happen if we went into 2015/16 in the SPFLP auto renewing 48,000 ST's? Isn't that a more laudable objective than starving the club of ST money when it needs it most?

It's not probably illegal it IS illegal and anyone who has that happen to them should be able to get an immediate refund.

But how do you know that or any for that matter?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/fans-must-opt-out-or-rangers-will-collect.23925396?utm_source=headlines&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email%2Balert

Fans must opt out or Rangers will collect

Stewart Fisher

Sports Writer

Thursday 10 April 2014

RANGERS supporters who pay for their season tickets in instalments by direct debit are being automatically enrolled for next season, even though the club has yet to notify them exactly how much the price of their seats are due to increase for the next campaign.

Fans who pay in instalments were yesterday told that payments will be automatically withdrawn from their account on April 30

Rangers legends Johnny Hubbard and Alex MacDonald, captain Lee McCulloch and young players Fraser Aird and Callum Gallagher launched the club's drive for season ticket renewals yesterday, with chief executive Graham Wallace warning that "an increase in season ticket prices is therefore necessary" after a 33% decrease, then a price freeze, in the last few seasons.

The Ibrox club are bullish about their season ticket numbers, with more than 72,000 sold in the past two seasons and the seventh-highest average attendance in British football in 2013-14, but with former director and would-be owner Dave King giving support to an alternative plan to finance the club via a trust fund, the renewal process is more politically loaded than ever before.

Fans who pay in instalments were yesterday told that payments will be automatically withdrawn from their account on April 30, May 30, June 30 and July 31, unless they notify the ticket centre in writing that they were withdrawing from the scheme by Monday, April 28, a date which is likely to fall after the conclusion of Wallace's 120-day review of the club's affairs.

Other developments see all juvenile prices in the family section being reduced to £50, while a limited number of value season tickets are being introduced in a dedicated area of the stadium, allowing the club to claim the availability of the lowest adult ticket price in more than 10 years. All season ticket holders will be entered into a new club membership scheme.

McCulloch would not be drawn on supporter-backed plans drawn up by King to pay season ticket money into a trust that would look at alternative ways of providing finance to the board.

"I am not really meant to speak about anything to do with Dave King or anything like that," said the 35-year-old. Wallace was unavailable for interview.

Looks illegal imho.

Illegal or not, it looks terrible. Considering the collective wage of the 'officer class' at Rangers they are abysmal at projecting an impression of competence.

They're like a government heading for a wipe out at an election, throwing out hastily conceived bad idea after bad idea which is greeted with suspicion and/or hostility due to their previous actions. Hopefully.