What I would find interesting is to understand some of the motivating factors that will affect the decision making of whether ST holders renew this year or not?

On this forum, I have read a lot of supporters state that they will not renew - similarly on Twitter. However one of the major factors that will sway folks decision is the choice of Manager / Coaching staff. Personally i feel there has only been a few good performances from the team over the past few seasons and despite knowing it wasn't going to be an easy stroll back up to the top flight - a 'few' good performances given the expense of the squad and coaching compared to our current opposition is quite frankly - unacceptable.

I would have thought this reason would be a catalyst for change but feel that this message may be lost amongst the board room struggles.

What I would find interesting is to understand some of the motivating factors that will affect the decision making of whether ST holders renew this year or not?

On this forum, I have read a lot of supporters state that they will not renew - similarly on Twitter. However one of the major factors that will sway folks decision is the choice of Manager / Coaching staff. Personally i feel there has only been a few good performances from the team over the past few seasons and despite knowing it wasn't going to be an easy stroll back up to the top flight - a 'few' good performances given the expense of the squad and coaching compared to our current opposition is quite frankly - unacceptable.

I would have thought this reason would be a catalyst for change but feel that this message may be lost amongst the board room struggles.

I think many fans will have their own reasons for renewal consideration - be it their own circumstances, the politics or the product.

It's up to both the club and/or King to deliver a pitch to supersede these concerns. So far, neither have done so but in any event, I think we'll still have a core of 20-25,000 fans who will renew regardless.

An excellent, fair and well balanced article, that puts most of Scotland's so called journalists to shame.

However, I am wondering what is meant by "I’d hope fans would now begin to realise our power when it comes to Rangers and actually become a player ourselves instead of being played." It's a clever turn of phrase but does it reveal which side of the fence Frankie is on? How does Frankie propose fans turn themselves into players? Keep your money in your own bank perhaps?

I think unless the details and mechanisms for thIs are in place this week or early next week at the latest, the ST Trust is going to be a huge disappointment, leaving many supporters frustrated who will just then re-new.

Timing is critical here.

I agree.

I think its important our support shows our ability to influence change - Id suggest we could and should have picked a better battle however. I dont think anyone believes the board will acquiesce to these demands. Then what ?

Furthermore the UOF really do need to improve on their communication and clarity. For instance this was on their statement from 14.03.2014

nd30yb.jpg

It clearly suggests that the securing of the stadium & Auchenhowie are only two of several assurances being sought - what are the

other assurances ?

An excellent, fair and well balanced article, that puts most of Scotland's so called journalists to shame.

However, I am wondering what is meant by "I’d hope fans would now begin to realise our power when it comes to Rangers and actually become a player ourselves instead of being played." It's a clever turn of phrase but does it reveal which side of the fence Frankie is on? How does Frankie propose fans turn themselves into players? Keep your money in your own bank perhaps?

You beat me to that question Brahim.

I'd like to see fans groups demand an elected rep on the board, in return for supporting the inevitable membership scheme proposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You beat me to that question Brahim.

I'd like to see fans groups demand an elected rep on the board, in return for supporting the inevitable membership scheme proposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to be quick or your dead around here, Crawford!

Well, we have a few options as it stands and it's up to each individual bear to decide their own strategy - which, as detailed in the article, is a difficult decision.

1. Renew your season ticket - money goes to club in usual way.

2. Continue to attend every game but avoid a season ticket - money still goes to club but budgets will be affected.

3. Pay into the King/UoF Trust - money still goes to club but no idea how or when.

4. Do not renew your season ticket and withhold all your cash - no money goes to club, budgets would be seriously affected.

5. Any of the above but also invest in shares via BuyRangers or RangersFirst - as well as your individual club contribution of choice, we combine our shareholding 'wealth' to become genuine 'players' via a bloc vote of shareholders. No need to rely on a SDM, a Whyte, a Green or a King.

Now, I can't and won't tell anyone what decision they should make from 1-4 however, if able, I'd urge every fan to seriously consider option 5. I'd also urge both BR and RF to sort out their differences as having two schemes is confusing and counter-productive in many ways.

Good post by Marty101 on FF:

=========

I think it's important to set out the effect of a security in these circumstances. It doesn't hand ownership of Ibrox / Auchenhowie to the trust in the event of a default by the Board or an insolvency event. It simply secures up to the value of the debt against the assets.

In the event of a default by the Board, the trust's remedy would be to call in the security to obtain possession of the assets (nb. legal possession, not ownership), and then to force their sale to realise sufficient funds to meet the outstanding debt (which would be that proportion of the season ticket payment which related to any games unplayed at the time of the default.)

If on sale the assets realised more than the value of the debt, then the balance above that sum is payable back to the owners (i.e. TRFC Ltd.)

The trust would be legally obliged to obtain the best price for the assets and to remit such balance to the company in the event there was one. The trust couldn't just decide to sell them to a favoured individual or group in the face of better offers.

If the security is given and the company goes into admin or liquidation, then on one view, the position isn't that different. An administrator or liquidator can force a sale of the asset without the security holder's consent as part of the process, but the security holder has first call on the funds realised up to the value of the debt secured.

There is perhaps one benefit in an administration scenario. If a CVA is agreed, the secured debt will not be taken into account in the CVA. That's to say the company would emerge from admin and the debt would remain intact and secured against the assets in favour of the trust - that would give the trust a better standing (and presumably would at least require season tickets to be honoured) in administration.

Other than that last point, I think the Trust/security plan doesn't in reality give the sort of protection for Ibrox and Auchenhowie that seems to be assumed.

Daven37 has set out the concerns about the practicalities of what is proposed. It's difficult to see that withholding ST payment does more than accelerate any sale/leaseback plan. As a mechanism to force the granting of a security it almost certainly won't work anyway.

I had high hopes King would bite the bullet and obtain sufficient shareholding to effect change - ahead of the AGM he gave an interview suggesting that - but those hopes are fading. I genuinely believe that's the only way we can get out of this though.

If I'm honest, the trust plan seems more like PR pressure on the Board than a real solution to our problems I'm afraid.

============