Most people would go along with a top notch CEO being amply rewarded. However, GW asked for time to demonstrate that he could provide top notch leadership through his 120 day review/report. I felt that the content of his report was at best, disappointing and it may be that there will be others who are now having reservations that GW is really top notch and this has led to some of the questions about his level of salary and what he can do to justify his bonus.

Look we could have got a CEO from any club in Scotland and half the ones in England for a 5th of this price. Would they have done any worse highly unlikely. But the easdales needed a flashy name to give them some kudos.

Come on gs, we all know that McColl, Paul Murray & co were aiming for a big name CEO too.

Well, you see the intent. Last day of the season ere a rather long summer break comes up. We are on the brink of an unbeaten run for the first time in 100 years. And right on cue, the BBC and their media cohorts come up with this shyte. What is dissappointing is the so many fall for it ... again.

We all knew those figures for weeks. The story has been done to death, yet, the same arguments are being thrown about about "club on its knees", "asking players for wage cuts" and whatnot. What is somewhat astonishing is that IMHO these figures are not even as high as one might expect them to be to cause this sort of public outcry. A neatly driven media (and I dare say "pretenders") campaign to discredit the board, using the same arguments and fears and figures time and again. And it is quite obvious that the combined fanhood lead by the SoS and UoB join in. Mission accomplished.

NB: I do not say that I like what he gets or that he's got bonuses written into his contract. But all you on here have lived and rown up with capitalism 20 years longer than me and wonder that chairmen and CEOs of companies get apparently top notch salaries? Whatever the state of the company is? (Sidenote: unless I am mistaken, Wallace still gets less than e.g. McCulloch and Black p.a. ... )

Good grief.

Well, you see the intent. Last day of the season ere a rather long summer break comes up. We are on the brink of an unbeaten run for the first time in 100 years. And right on cue, the BBC and their media cohorts come up with this shyte. What is dissappointing is the so many fall for it ... again.

We all knew those figures for weeks. The story has been done to death, yet, the same arguments are being thrown about about "club on its knees", "asking players for wage cuts" and whatnot. What is somewhat astonishing is that IMHO these figures are not even as high as one might expect them to be to cause this sort of public outcry. A neatly driven media (and I dare say "pretenders") campaign to discredit the board, using the same arguments and fears and figures time and again. And it is quite obvious that the combined fanhood lead by the SoS and UoB join in. Mission accomplished.

NB: I do not say that I like what he gets or that he's got bonuses written into his contract. But all you on here have lived and rown up with capitalism 20 years longer than me and wonder that chairmen and CEOs of companies get apparently top notch salaries? Whatever the state of the company is? (Sidenote: unless I am mistaken, Wallace still gets less than e.g. McCulloch and Black p.a. ... )

bains earnings were criticised constantly when lower than this for a far bigger company.

your trolling is getting tedius btw

so what my point stands.

It does indeed and I agree. The Easdale/GreenCo mob needed a big name CEO to boost their credibility, whereas I don't really think the requisitioners needed to do that so much when they had the backing of someone like McColl.