Two terrible decisions by Hearts, what exactly was Locke supposed to do with a bunch of kids. If it wasn't for the points decuction, Hibs would be down automatically and Hearts would be in the play-off by one goal.

I wonder what qualifications they think Levein has for DoF?

I suppose Budge thinks he`s the best she can afford for now. I wonder who he will go for as manager - Jackie McNamara (Dun. Utd.), Danny Lennon ( ex St. M.) or even Neil McCann ( Dunfermline ) ?

If I was McCann, I'd stick to TV, this job is a poisoned chalice.

They'll have a lot of applicants that's for sure. McLeish?

Not saying Hearts can't win it but realistically the best they can hope for next season is a play-off place and failure to be promoted will probably see whoever it is sacked.

As with Man U at a different level, the job AFTER the next manager is the one to get.

Two terrible decisions by Hearts, what exactly was Locke supposed to do with a bunch of kids. If it wasn't for the points decuction, Hibs would be down automatically and Hearts would be in the play-off by one goal.

I wonder what qualifications they think Levein has for DoF?

The automatic deduction cost Hearts so many points on top of the 15 as well mate, the whole club was emotionally exhausted for so long about the deduction and administration, it took them months to get used to the whole situation. Without admin they and Locke would have been top 6 imo.

The automatic deduction cost Hearts so many points on top of the 15 as well mate, the whole club was emotionally exhausted for so long about the deduction and administration, it took them months to get used to the whole situation. Without admin they and Locke would have been top 6 imo.

I agree with that. I wanted to say something like that in my post but you have expressed it very well.

I said that earlier in the thread but it seems to have got missed!

With such a strong director of football on board, we feel we have to spend our limited resources on strengthening and building the coaching side of the business, rather than having a first team manager.

In other words they are paying Levein so much that they can't afford to pay a manager as well. In effect Levein will make all the important managerial decisions. Neilson will be cheapr than Locke presumably and whoever they bring in to help him will be cheaper than Brown. One wonders if they offered Locke the job at less money or if he refused to work under Levein.

Either way it's two steps back.