I'm sorry Hildy, but while many of your points are valid, the general tone of fatalistic defeatism doesn't sit well with me.

I think you need to read some quotes from Mr Struth and try to fall back into love with the Club again...because it needs us now more than it did in the good times.

It will be a long hard road, but I believe that we'll get back where we belong in 4-5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a gulf. Rangers can only partner Celtic on potential with regard to moving to another set-up because it is now Glasgow's second club and all the indications are that it will remain as the poor relation within the Old Firm indefinitely.

This does not mean however that it should steer clear of efforts to get itself out of the environment which limits its potential to move to one that will more handsomely reward it.

Rangers and Celtic need to talk. If Celtic were to be admitted to the second tier in England, for example, and Rangers were left behind, life would soon become for Rangers the way it is just now for Celtic - dull, unattractive and austere.

Of course, while the strife at Ibrox continues, hopes for any kind of meaningful future are very low indeed.

There is not a cat in hell's chance of Celt@c going to England or anywhere else. No other country on this earth would tolerate this vile club and it's support apart from Scotland with its weak politicians and authorities too fearful to take any meaningful action against it

The club continues despite all that has happened, but it doesn't always feel like the same club.

Are you optimistic or pessimistic with regard to Rangers, and, especially if it is the former, could you outline exactly why?

Are our best days in the past, and in the past, will they remain?

The club has lost its character and respect from our peers. Nowadays we're a laughing stock. However, all is not lost. Something has to give whereby we rise again and dominate the national league and cups. Whether we recover enough to compete in Europe is an altogether different matter.

We need the support to wake up and for serious individuals to get their feet under the boardroom that starts the process of rebuilding.

3/4 years left of this mess in my opinion.

The club has lost its character and respect from our peers. Nowadays we're a laughing stock. However, all is not lost. Something has to give whereby we rise again and dominate the national league and cups. Whether we recover enough to compete in Europe is an altogether different matter.

We need the support to wake up and for serious individuals to get their feet under the boardroom that starts the process of rebuilding.

We're not a laughing stock. That's the sort of negativity we can do without.

Spot on. Feel really distant from the club I love.

I'm not as confident as you, I think we are so irrelevant now in the whole scheme of things (Euro).

We are a huge fish in a tiny pond, after a while there will be nothing left to eat.

I'm sorry Hildy, but while many of your points are valid, the general tone of fatalistic defeatism doesn't sit well with me.

I think you need to read some quotes from Mr Struth and try to fall back into love with the Club again...because it needs us now more than it did in the good times.

It will be a long hard road, but I believe that we'll get back where we belong in 4-5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You believe expectations should be lowered.

I may be pessimistic about the current outlook but I will never contemplate a lowering of expectations.

This is your position and I sincerely hope that very few of us share it.

We're not a laughing stock. That's the sort of negativity we can do without.

Don't think of it as negativity.

Think of it as a grim reality that we are somehow going to have to address if and when the club is repaired.