Easiest way of tackling 'division' within the support is to stop talking about it.

I would put the reduced numbers down to poor product on the pitch & uncertainty over whats gonna happen over the next few months.

I believe that the vast majority of those who haven't renewed yet are not really anti-board as such, and neither are they pro-board. They are simply fans who want to follow their team but are holding off parting with their cash until the path forward is a bit clearer. I think we will see an increase in sales just before the season starts.

I'd agree that uncertainty is the main reason and I also agree there will be an increase ahead of the start of the season - possibly up to 20K or so.

However, that drop alone of around 50% from last season means the club will be in real financial danger (without severe cuts). Ergo, every day the club fail to show the path forward you mention, is another day lost. We have to remember this isn't a new phenomenon but we're almost six months down the road since the AGM and no closer to a solution.

When does the uncertainty we talk about crystallise into the realisation that those in charge are clearly incapable of changing the status quo?

But King and UOF raised the question, before that while there had been sack the board campaigns there'd been no campaign for STs to not be bought.

It's a hypothetical of course at the end of the day and as I said numbers were probably dropping regardless.

Once again it's completely down to the club to persuade people to renew. The club have failed to do so and that's been the case for all of 2014 so far.

Just how much time are we to give these people? And how disloyal are we for asking that question?

People are entitled to a different opinion, and clearly as far as season tickets go 10000+ have a different one to you

Are you serious ?? Just because around 10k have renewed (I doubt it's even as much as that) doesn't necessarily mean that they are happy with this Board and the way things are run. There will be a fair few who just want 'their seat' and others will do it for the 'social' aspect.

And even if the renewal bears did back the board - as you are niavely suggesting - that is still a minority.

You must have to be washing your hair alot these days to get all that sand out. Maybe get your head out of the sand and you will see sense one day:rolleyes:

Are you serious ?? Just because around 10k have renewed (I doubt it's even as much as that) doesn't necessarily mean that they are happy with this Board and the way things are run. There will be a fair few who just want 'their seat' and others will do it for the 'social' aspect.

And even if the renewal bears did back the board - as you are niavely suggesting - that is still a minority.

You must have to be washing your hair alot these days to get all that sand out. Maybe get your head out of the sand and you will see sense one day:rolleyes:

"As far as season tickets go."

The issue for me is season tickets, I hardly care about who backs the board or not anymore.

An excellent post.

It's the extremities that are causing the worst of the division - I'm amazed that some people tolerate them, never mind give them the platform.

Comes back to the OP.

Let the conflicts between X and Y rage, within large numbers of people there will always be disagreements and/or worse but why promote them to centre stage.

At the sametime fans if they wish, can take on board anything they see as constructive that might come from X or Y.

All this whilst bearing in mind the now traditional 'Divide & Conquer' tactics that have come from the boardroom over recent years.

Let any division stay in the background and remember that there are bigger fish to fry.

Once again it's completely down to the club to persuade people to renew. The club have failed to do so and that's been the case for all of 2014 so far.

Just how much time are we to give these people? And how disloyal are we for asking that question?

How much has the club ever had to persuade people before? You can argue things have changed dramatically but usually season ticket renewal time's never been like an election, people renew or don't either because they're fed up of the football or because of personal circumstance.

An issue right now is that without a massive source of working capital it'll be difficult for the board to be making many plans to tell us about anyway.

How much has the club ever had to persuade people before? You can argue things have changed dramatically but usually season ticket renewal time's never been like an election, people renew or don't either because they're fed up of the football or because of personal circumstance.

Nothing else ?

It's difficult enough trying to find workable solutions but those who refuse to see or acknowledge that a fundamental and specific problem exists must live on a different metaphorical planet.