Easiest way of tackling 'division' within the support is to stop talking about it.

I speak generally Frankie, not at you.

You don't have to ignore anyone but there should be a sense of proportion and a will to look for solutions for what is largescale discontent at an important juncture.

Agreed - however, again, proportions are not always an true indication of accuracy and/or quality in opinions.

No matter, the prevailing fact is so far the club will not be able to meet its financial obligations for the season ahead. Doesn't matter if we believe in the board or not, that is the case and it's completely up to the club to show how they intend dealing with that very worrying situation. So far they continue to fail to do so on a daily basis.

People are entitled to a different opinion, and clearly as far as season tickets go 10000+ have a different one to you

Not necessarily though.

If I renewed tomorrow it would be because I enjoy the social aspect of going to games over backing the board (or the manager for that matter). I'd be willing to bet a large percentage of those who have renewed would retain an element of doubt over the regime.

None of us can second guess people's reasons but, as it stands, the numbers are significantly lower and the club's efforts to change that less than impressive.

Ergo, I'd suggest the likelihood of people renewing will remain low as long as the club fail to change their outlook. Dave King is largely irrelevant in that sense as it is completely down to the club to detail their position and plans if they want people to renew.

Do you think if the apparent alternative of King and UOF hadn't come about numbers would be so low? Probably wouldn't have got 36000 renewals but they'd still be far higher in my opinion, so I think King is very relevant.

The club do have to do more of course, i'm just saying it won't drag on with this stand off for too long.

Not necessarily though.

If I renewed tomorrow it would be because I enjoy the social aspect of going to games over backing the board (or the manager for that matter). I'd be willing to bet a large percentage of those who have renewed would retain an element of doubt over the regime.

That's what I mean by 'as season tickets go', i've argued consistently buying season tickets isn't a vote of confidence in the board.

Just as we had fans who worshipped David Murray and were uncomfortable with any criticism of him, on the negative side, we have people obsessed with guys like Graham and Dingwall and they spend an inordinate amount of time opposing anything they say or do - whatever they say or do.

Those who subscribe to blind devotion in one case and blind hatred in the other are worryingly misguided. Murray wasn't God and Graham and Dingwall aren't the devil. Football fans tend to love or hate - there is rarely an expressed in-between.

When positive feelings about a figure like SDM turn into blind devotion, rational argument doesn't penetrate. When blind hatred overtakes someone, the same applies, and within the Rangers support, we probably have too many who take their positive and negative feelings to extremes, and this isn't healthy.

An excellent post.

It's the extremities that are causing the worst of the division - I'm amazed that some people tolerate them, never mind give them the platform.

I would put the reduced numbers down to poor product on the pitch & uncertainty over whats gonna happen over the next few months.

I believe that the vast majority of those who haven't renewed yet are not really anti-board as such, and neither are they pro-board. They are simply fans who want to follow their team but are holding off parting with their cash until the path forward is a bit clearer. I think we will see an increase in sales just before the season starts.

Do you think if the apparent alternative of King and UOF hadn't come about numbers would be so low? Probably wouldn't have got 36000 renewals but they'd still be far higher in my opinion, so I think King is very relevant.

The club do have to do more of course, i'm just saying it won't drag on with this stand off for too long.

Yes because not everyone is backing King - if they were then they'd be signing up to the Fund.

The lack of renewals is down to the club's ongoing inability to persuade fans the future is secure under them.

Agreed - however, again, proportions are not always an true indication of accuracy and/or quality in opinions.

No matter, the prevailing fact is so far the club will not be able to meet its financial obligations for the season ahead. Doesn't matter if we believe in the board or not, that is the case and it's completely up to the club to show how they intend dealing with that very worrying situation. So far they continue to fail to do so on a daily basis.

I do believe that present arithmetic presents an accurate reflection of general discontent with how the club is being run and the depth of feeling is such that it can't be ignored, nor be unfounded.

The much more difficult challange is finding a solution.

Yes because not everyone is backing King - if they were then they'd be signing up to the Fund.

The lack of renewals is down to the club's ongoing inability to persuade fans the future is secure under them.

But King and UOF raised the question, before that while there had been sack the board campaigns there'd been no campaign for STs to not be bought.

It's a hypothetical of course at the end of the day and as I said numbers were probably dropping regardless.