Fulham have the same wage bill as Atletico and were assembled for £40m.

Another example of a well run and efficient outfit. Hope they can close this out and win the CL now.

Vamos Atletico!!

The Premiership teams outwith the top 4 or 5 are really pretty poor when you consider the resources at their disposal. Cardiff spent something like £40m last summer :laugh:

If there is any footballer on the planet that I detest more than the idiot Scott Brown it's that arrogant, self-obsessed twat Ronaldo.

Best team did win though.

I can't stand him either. Played shite but acted like it was all about him.

He is undoubtedly a phenomenal player but I have seen him barely touch the ball in loads of big games.

When Florentino Perez (President/Real Madrid) went to celebrate with Aznar (ex president/ Spain) it took my dislike of Real Madrid to a new level.

Aznar is one corrupt sleazeball de los primeros.

Real Madrid.

Ten times the champions of the greatest tournament in club football.

Manager Ancelloti once commented: “In Real Madrid, it is not enough to win - you have to play well and in an offensive way".

This is why Real Madrid are admired and respected. They want to play in a way that makes the game a spectacle; that provides entertainment, skill, adventure and risk.

Royal Madrid have been a positive influence and force for good over many decades, and they deserve to be acknowledged as the greatest name in club football - the cream of the cream.

Tonight, I applaud them and thank them for being an asset to the beautiful game, and a fine example for others to follow.

Real Madrid.

Ten times the champions of the greatest tournament in club football.

Manager Ancelloti once commented: “In Real Madrid, it is not enough to win - you have to play well and in an offensive way".

This is why Real Madrid are admired and respected. They want to play in a way that makes the game a spectacle; that provides entertainment, skill, adventure and risk.

Royal Madrid have been a positive influence and force for good over many decades, and they deserve to be acknowledged as the greatest name in club football - the cream of the cream.

Tonight, I applaud them and thank them for being an asset to the beautiful game, and a fine example for others to follow.

Are you being serious? Ancelotti is known for playing negative football, Real have not played good football at any stage this season. They counter attacked well against Bayern in the semi but Bayern had all the possession.

Real have played much more defensively this season than they normally do. The team that attempts to play football the way it is intended is Barca. Although plenty times in Spain also do likewise eg Bilbao.

Real played better football under Jose and he is hardly known for playing attacking football.

At the end of the day, Real finished 3rd in La Liga. Behind Atletico who were assembled on a shoe string budget and below the worst Barca in donkey's years. They sneaked past Atletico tonight despite having a team that cost over 10 times more.

Are you being serious? Ancelotti is known for playing negative football, Real have not played good football at any stage this season. They counter attacked well against Bayern in the semi but Bayern had all the possession.

Real have played much more defensively this season than they normally do. The team that attempts to play football the way it is intended is Barca. Although plenty times in Spain also do likewise eg Bilbao.

Real played better football under Jose and he is hardly known for playing attacking football.

At the end of the day, Real finished 3rd in La Liga. Behind Atletico who were assembled on a shoe string budget and below the worst Barca in donkey's years. They sneaked past Atletico tonight despite having a team that cost over 10 times more.

Their tradition is offensive play and they were the more offensive team tonight. I believe they once let a manager go after winning the league because he didn't have the team playing in an adventurous and entertaining way.

This club, perhaps more than any other, has a tradition of attacking play, and when they triumph, it is usually received well by neutrals who remember them dominating Europe in the early days of continental competition( before my time) by playing with style and panache.

Compared to Italian clubs who tried to choke the life out of football, Madrid were a breath of fresh air and they won the hearts of many, including the Glasgow football public.

Real Madrid now look down on everyone with ten European flags to their name - and a reputation that is still the envy of the rest.

They certainly played some terrific stuff in the galactico era (though they went through some really bad spells too) but that's a long time ago.

Atletico Madrid do not play adventurous football and are not a possession based team either. They are at their best when they don't have the ball and are all about organisation and defensive play. I read an excellent article recently actually which basically said they play exactly as Simeone did when he was a player. Whilst I'm not a fan of such play, given their resources their success is admirable. They won the league with a squad that cost less than 10% of Reals so clearly they are not going to be playing attacking football v such a side.

Real Madrid consistently played negatively in big games this season, most notably against Bayern and Barca. They allowed the opposition to have all the possession and counter attacked with huge pace. I don't think they deserve any credit at all, they needed a 93rd minute goal to avoid defeat to a team that cost the same as Fulham.

They certainly played some terrific stuff in the galactico era (though they went through some really bad spells too) but that's a long time ago.

Atletico Madrid do not play adventurous football and are not a possession based team either. They are at their best when they don't have the ball and are all about organisation and defensive play. I read an excellent article recently actually which basically said they play exactly as Simeone did when he was a player. Whilst I'm not a fan of such play, given their resources their success is admirable. They won the league with a squad that cost less than 10% of Reals so clearly they are not going to be playing attacking football v such a side.

Real Madrid consistently played negatively in big games this season, most notably against Bayern and Barca. They allowed the opposition to have all the possession and counter attacked with huge pace. I don't think they deserve any credit at all, they needed a 93rd minute goal to avoid defeat to a team that cost the same as Fulham.

Atletico can only be applauded. They play with a defensive emphasis but still retain goal threat. This isn't an anti-football team, it's an organised, well-drilled and disciplined football team that came within seconds of European glory, and they have the sympathy of many tonight.

As for Real, this is what was said when Mourinho moved on:

Real Madrid’s president Florentino Pérez hired José Mourinho in 2010 thinking he was the perfect candidate, a top icon who would re-establish Real Madrid as the best football club in the world.

But that bubble has burst.

Why*wasn’t the ‘special one’ that ‘special’ in the end?

Mistake number one: Not understanding the philosophy of Real Madrid

Jose Mourinho*behaved as if he was still working for a club such as Chelsea or Inter, teams that have been losers in football history but*where his high coaching profile would be a perfect fit.

But that wasn’t the case for a historically winning club like Real Madrid.

Mourinho did not realise Florentino’s expectations.

"Three titles in three years and without the European Cup are not enough for a club like Real Madrid", says Lola Hernández, football correspondent for La Información.com.

His style of play was based on a strong defence and a stunning counterattack, giving up possession of the ball. This coaching philosophy clashed with Real Madrid’s tradition of attacking football. Real are Spain’s biggest football club and they are always expected to play on the attack and be possession kings.