Which is hugely ironic because at least in the big games they were very negative and entirely focused on counter attacking this season. Against Bayern and Barca this season they barely touched the ball for long spells and I don't think a team with such resources should ever be doing this.

I also don't recall them finishing third under Jose. I agree with Atletico not being anti-football. Well drilled is a very salient way of putting it and is exactly how I consider them. I feel sides like Real Madrid should always play attacking football given their resources, and I include my team Chelsea here.

Above all else, I watched a lot of Atletico this season and can't recall many times they 'launched' the ball. Ally take note.

Which is hugely ironic because at least in the big games they were very negative and entirely focused on counter attacking this season. Against Bayern and Barca this season they barely touched the ball for long spells and I don't think a team with such resources should ever be doing this.

I also don't recall them finishing third under Jose. I agree with Atletico not being anti-football. Well drilled is a very salient way of putting it and is exactly how I consider them. I feel sides like Real Madrid should always play attacking football given their resources, and I include my team Chelsea here.

The basic ethos of Real is to attack and entertain. They may have compromised from time to time but their adventurous reputation remains intact.

Atletico don't camp perpetually in and around their own area. They snap at the opposition all over the pitch and aren't afraid to push players forward. They are exceptionally well-coached and have punched well above their weight this term.

I love adventurous and creative play but I admire Atletico for being robust at the back, organised throughout and frequently threatening up front. They have made a formation based on sound defence acceptable and watchable, which is no mean feat.

If you favour adventurous, attacking play perhaps you should doth your hat in the direction of Barca because unlike their rivals they consistently play the game correctly and don't buy their way to success. In fact it is utterly remarkable that a team of such wealth like Barca probably rely on youth more than any other club in Europe. Messi, Puyol, Pique, Fabregas, Valdes, Alba, Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro etc. You could just about form a team of players produced through their youth system, whereas I can't think of fuck all players that Real Madrid the cash whore have produced. Spain and Barca are all that is glorious about the game and I only hope that Luis Enrique restores Barca to their great self (albeit not to the expense of Chelsea).

I cannot comprehend why anyone would show any respect to Real Madrid. They are an absolute atrocity of a football club with no redeeming qualities.

Disappointed for Atletico, to come so close. But they won La Liga.

It's a shame Simeone lost the plot but he won the Spanish league which is seen as impossible and he was a baw hair away from CL glory. He has an absolutely terrific future and he was one of my favourite players as a kid. A real tenacious player and absolutely world class.

If you favour adventurous, attacking play perhaps you should doth your hat in the direction of Barca because unlike their rivals they consistently play the game correctly and don't buy their way to success. In fact it is utterly remarkable that a team of such wealth like Barca probably rely on youth more than any other club in Europe. Messi, Puyol, Pique, Fabregas, Valdes, Alba, Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro etc. You could just about form a team of players produced through their youth system, whereas I can't think of fuck all players that Real Madrid the cash whore have produced. Spain and Barca are all that is glorious about the game and I only hope that Luis Enrique restores Barca to their great self (albeit not to the expense of Chelsea).

I cannot comprehend why anyone would show any respect to Real Madrid. They are an absolute atrocity of a football club with no redeeming qualities.

I admire and love to watch Barcelona. They demand possession all the time and I like that attitude. I do not have any allegiance in football beyond Rangers, but unfortunately, and this has been the case for far too long, to find football that is genuinely worth watching, one has to look far beyond Ibrox because we still inhabit a dark age.

It is refreshing then to see teams like Barcelona, Bayern and Real attempting to play football that is both compelling and appealing. Whether they have bought or bred success, and let's face it, buying success is very much the Rangers way - and Chelsea too - it is the end product that we evaluate.

If I lived in Madrid, I'd be inclined to favour Real over Atletico. If I lived in London, I'd be me more likely to favour Arsenal or Spurs over Chelsea. As I live in Glasgow, I favour Rangers over Celtic, but this is purely for ancient tribal reasons. When I want to see entertaining football, I have to seek out a television set because it just doesn't happen in Glasgow any more.

I admire and love to watch Barcelona. They demand possession all the time and I like that attitude. I do not have any allegiance in football beyond Rangers, but unfortunately, and this has been the case for far too long, to find football that is genuinely worth watching, one has to look far beyond Ibrox because we still inhabit a dark age.

It is refreshing then to see teams like Barcelona, Bayern and Real attempting to play football that is both compelling and appealing. Whether they have bought or bred success, and let's face it, buying success is very much the Rangers way - and Chelsea too - it is the end product that we evaluate.

If I lived in Madrid, I'd be inclined to favour Real over Atletico. If I lived in London, I'd be me more likely to favour Arsenal or Spurs over Chelsea. As I live in Glasgow, I favour Rangers over Celtic, but this is purely for ancient tribal reasons. When I want to see entertaining football, I have to seek out a television set because it just doesn't happen in Glasgow any more.

It's hard to believe nowadays, but true nonetheless, that in 1968 the number one ranked footballing city in Europe was Glasgow. hey-ho.

I just cant like Madrid whilst they have that animal Ramos in their team. A more arrogant, dirty and flat out malicious player you are unlikely to encounter. His treatment of Messi during El Classico over the past couple of seasons has been nothing short of despicable, he has deliberately tried to injure Messi and then pleads his innocence as is he is some schoolkid wronged.

I will maybe learn to like Madrid a little more when he either leaves or retires.

Ramos is Madrid's version of TLB for me.