There are already the usual suspects accusing him of selling out despite the fact that he doesn't ask fans to buy season tickets despite what must be enormous pressure on him to do so from the board.

He has previous for it, so the ambiguity within that Pravda article doesn't really clear up any questions regarding his position. Perhaps he wasn't required to punt season tickets as sales are encouraging?

which is McCoist at his political best - he couldn' add anything to the debate without publicly taking sides. He has clearly refused to throw his weight behind the board by not asking fans to by STs but done so in a way that doesn't leave him open to sanctions by his employer.

The poor standard of football leaves him open to sanctions by his employer but he knows fine well that his position is safe for the foreseeable future. This is all about Ally looking after Ally's interests.

I must admit I haven't sensed the excitement among fans about next season that he talks about.

No, nor the "great adventures" of the last two years. Some maybe, early on - soon died though and became an unpleasant, unedifying slog. It could have been a great adventure, but it was made into anything but that.

How he can "genuinely feel" this excitement re the coming season is beyond me; this interview is so far from how I see things that I feel alienated by it.

Board will be reassured that sos founder is backing fans to continue to back the team just not through st's. They will probably gamble that enough will pay on the day. In meantime is it possible that by holding back st purchases this just gives them carte blanche to raise cash any other way they can ie favourable loans by directors, share issues that will further strengthen the shareholders that are already entrenched!