Just beat me to it mate.

The original deep lying centre forward, an Argentinian who acquired Spanish citizenship after his move to Real Madrid "Di Stéfano is best known for his time at Real Madrid where he was an integral part of one of the most successful teams of all time. He scored (then a club record, now surpassed by Raúl González) 216 league goals in 262 games for Real, striking up a fearsome partnership with Ferenc Puskás. Di Stéfano's 49 goals in 58 matches was for decades the all-time highest tally in the European Cup, until it was surpassed by Real Madrid's Raúl in 2005, and Milan's Andriy Shevchenko and Real Madrid's Ruud van Nistelrooy in 2006. Di Stéfano scored in five consecutive European Cup finals for Real Madrid between 1956 and 1960, including a hat-trick in the latter. Perhaps the highlight of his time with the club was their 7–3 victory over Eintracht Frankfurt in the 1960 European Cup Final at Hampden Park, a game many consider to be the finest exhibition of club football ever witnessed in Europe. "

Players such as Pelé, Eusébio, Luis Suárez, Sandro Mazzola and John Charles described Di Stéfano as "the most complete footballer in the history of the game"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfredo_Di_St%C3%A9fano

The Referee was Jack Mowat who was my supervisor as a young referee in the late 60's/early 70's

What a forward line that was Canario, del Sol, Di Stefano, Puskas and Gento; destroyed the Germans who incredibly scored the first and last goals at Hampden after beating us 6-1 away and 6-3 at Ibrox in the Semi- Final.

My late great Dad used to say Di Stefano and Jim Baxter were the best players of his day and was one of the 100 and odd thousand at Hampden. I took him to plenty of thrilling matches later in his life but he always compared them to that day.

My late great Dad used to say Di Stefano and Jim Baxter were the best players of his day and was one of the 100 and odd thousand at Hampden. I took him to plenty of thrilling matches later in his life but he always compared them to that day.

Our forward line were no slouches either: Scott, McMillan, Millar/Murray, Baird/Brand and Wilson/Matthews.

We defeated Anderlecht, Red Star and Sparta Rotterdam on the way to the semi v Eintracht.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959%E2%80%9360_European_Cup