With the Pre-season trip over and Hibs coming up a week on Tuesday I hope Ally has a good idea of his best XI and knows he needs to drop certain players.

Having watched 3 out 4 games Id say around 9 positions are certain (IMO). The 2 areas of concern is centre half partner for Zaliukas and right wing / midfield.

In defence Mohsni and McGregor have both looked shaky more so the latter. Faure hasn't been tried there so he is likely to play RB.

Various players played right side - Aird, Gallagher and MacLeod with the latter being the best although he should be in the middle.

Upfront it looks like Ally will play Miller and Boyd but Id be reluctant.

Kyle Hutton and Lee McCulloch seem favourites of Ally's but they cant be starters IMO.

Templeton hasn't done much on this trip but I still have high hopes.

My preferred XI would be along the lines of the following with Gallagher the only one possibly changing:

________________________Bell________________________

Faure________Zaliukas_________Mohsni_______Wallace

______________________Black_________________________

___________MacLeod__________Law_________________

__Gallagher__________Miller___________Templeton

Almost certain that this will be the staring line up:

Bell

McGregor; Zaliukas; McCulloch/Mohsni; Wallace

Aird/Gallagher; Law; Black, McLeod;

Miller & Boyd

The BH XI:

Bell;

McGregor; Faure; Zaliukas; Wallace;

Aird; McLeod; Black; Templeton;

Miller & Gallagher

I agree Ally's XI will look more like the team you listed and nothing like my XI.

Aird was the player I didn't really see in the 3 games due to injury.

His line up against Derby will be interesting but Im convinced McCulloch will play, and he will waste Macleod on the wings although he still performs on either side.

I agree Ally's XI will look more like the team you listed and nothing like my XI.

Aird was the player I didn't really see in the 3 games due to injury.

His line up against Derby will be interesting but Im convinced McCulloch will play, and he will waste Macleod on the wings although he still performs on either side.

Aird showed lots of promise last season. He is fast but doesn't have great ability to beat a man with skill, like McLeod. On the left he is a threat to cut in and score with his right; on the right he can make goals IF he hits the bye line and doesn't cut inside too much. Would benefit from a good coach.

If McCulloch is a starter at CB and I'm fairly sure you are right about that, then it will be him and Zaliukas and we can get a few bob for Mohsni. However, it's conceivable Ally would go for Mohsni and Zaliukas; which would beg the question wherefore art thow McCulloch

I think the first choice XI will be:

Bell

Foster | Zalikuas | AN Other| Wallace

Aird | Law | Black | Macleod

Miller | Boyd

Depending on the opposition/venue, Boyd may start on the bench; being replaced by Templeton to enable Macleod to play more centrally.

Bell

Foster | Zalikuas | AN Other| Wallace

Aird | Law | Black | Macleod

Miller | Boyd

Depending on the opposition/venue, Boyd may start on the bench; being replaced by Templeton to enable Macleod to play more centrally.

I just can't see jig being left out.

Miller | Boyd

"Depending on the opposition/venue, Boyd may start on the bench;"

I don't recall seeing one goal Boyd scored last season for Killie, only remember Boyd when last at Rangers.

Was he just as heavy & slow, looks so unfit & out of place walking about. Know he had an op in the off-season but he looks weeks & weeks away. As boring as a bollard to me I'm afraid. Might be able to bank a few shots off his arse but not even a bench starter in my book.

Miller is just the opposite, lively, speed to burn, head in the game, linking up with anybody/everybody, driving the team on. Breath of fresh air by comparison. Clarke &/or Shiels (different player this year) deserve a place ahead of Boyd or Temps, otherwise we'll need more than a miracle against The Hibees or Herts ............

There's a Youtube video kicking about with all Boyd's goals from last season.

He certainly seemed to start off a bit overweight but was s fair bit slimmer by the end. I think we all know what we get with him so it will just be up to the manager to decide if his fitness and mobility are an issue ahead of the undoubted goals he'll bring.

There's a Youtube video kicking about with all Boyd's goals from last season.

He certainly seemed to start off a bit overweight but was s fair bit slimmer by the end. I think we all know what we get with him so it will just be up to the manager to decide if his fitness and mobility are an issue ahead of the undoubted goals he'll bring.

He was poor last night. Miller was all over the place and genuinely upset by various adverse decisions by a refereee who was out of his depth; but Boyd appeared disinterested/unfit or whatever,