Sorry I will never ever forget that press conference with Whittaker and naishame and the years that have passed haven't softened me. Annoys me every time I read anything form either of these two talking about our club

Both of them were very badly advised by sellick-minded PFA Scotland reps telling them Rangers was finished and it would be a new club, not the same club.

I totally understand anyone who doesn't want to forgive them, but personally I'm almost willing to forgive them on the basis that they're just thick as mince and were willing to listen to nonsense from people they shouldn't have listened to.

Sorry I will never ever forget that press conference with Whittaker and naishame and the years that have passed haven't softened me. Annoys me every time I read anything form either of these two talking about our club

First off, Whittaker was never a fan whereas Naismith was as dyed in the wool as any Rangers supporter. Not everyone will agree with the choice he made, but his reasons were valid and history has vindicated him. It could also be that everything he said was just a smokescreen for him wanting to cash in on the situation he found himself in. Only he can know the truth.

First off, Whittaker was never a fan whereas Naismith was as dyed in the wool as any Rangers supporter. Not everyone will agree with the choice he made, but his reasons were valid and history has vindicated him. It could also be that everything he said was just a smokescreen for him wanting to cash in on the situation he found himself in. Only he can know the truth.

There was no way Whittaker, Naismith, Lafferty etc could have stayed after newco was formed.Their wages were prohibitive to them doing so.However the very least they could have done was TUPE over so the club could have got a fee for each of them albeit a very nominal fee.That way none of them would have left with the bad feeling which still does exist amongst a sizeable section of our support.

What I would like Naismith & Whittaker to do though is to tell us what legal advice they got from Wishart's players union and it's legal chum Ms Margaret Gribbon. Seeing the two of them at that press conference saying they didn't want to play for Sevco has always made me deeply suspicious of the legal advice they got. If they really do want to attempt to build bridges with the Rangers support then I believe they should be doing this for starters. Some of us may never forgive them and that is something they will need to live with unfortunately

There was no way Whittaker, Naismith, Lafferty etc could have stayed after newco was formed.Their wages were prohibitive to them doing so.However the very least they could have done was TUPE over so the club could have got a fee for each of them albeit a very nominal fee.That way none of them would have left with the bad feeling which still does exist amongst a sizeable section of our support.

What I would like Naismith & Whittaker to do though is to tell us what legal advice they got from Wishart's players union and it's legal chum Ms Margaret Gribbon. Seeing the two of them at that press conference saying they didn't want to play for Sevco has always made me deeply suspicious of the legal advice they got. If they really do want to attempt to build bridges with the Rangers support then I believe they should be doing this for starters. Some of us may never forgive them and that is something they will need to live with unfortunately

They could TUPE over, that was an option for them, but Charles Green didn't want them to have that choice because he couldn't afford to keep them on the wages that they were entitled to.

Anyone calling them out for not showing loyalty needs to have a good look at themselves. Where is the loyalty from club to player if the player doesn't want to leave?

The legal advice they received is irrelevant. They had two options. That is how simple it was.

They could TUPE over, that was an option for them, but Charles Green didn't want them to have that choice because he couldn't afford to keep them on the wages that they were entitled to.

Anyone calling them out for not showing loyalty needs to have a good look at themselves. Where is the loyalty from club to player if the player doesn't want to leave?

The legal advice they received is irrelevant. They had two options. That is how simple it was.

The circumstances we found ourselves in two years ago were unprecedented. The existence of Rangers was at stake.These players were going. No doubt about that. But could they not have left in a better way than they did? Bocanegra did and still has the respect and admiration of everyone to this day. Why couldn't they?

The circumstances we found ourselves in two years ago were unprecedented. The existence of Rangers was at stake.These players were going. No doubt about that. But could they not have left in a better way than they did? Bocanegra did and still has the respect and admiration of everyone to this day. Why couldn't they?

You don't appear to understand the basics of the legislation.

And if we couldn't sell them we were stuck with numerous players on £20k + a week. That would have really killed us. The fact is Green and co could not afford to keep the likes of Whittaker, Naismith or McGregor, not even for a few weeks never mind a month or two to find a potential buyer. That would have been genuinely gambling with our future.

The very fact that these rats found new clubs very quickly proves you wrong IMO.

You don't appear to understand the basics of the legislation.

????? I can assure you I do understand the legislation. the players were perfectly entitled to go by not transferring across. Had they done so then I believe they could have left on better terms. You do not seem to be able to understand this from what I wrote do you ? Read again

????? I can assure you I do understand the legislation. the players were perfectly entitled to go by not transferring across. Had they done so then I believe they could have left on better terms. You do not seem to be able to understand this from what I wrote do you ? Read again

I understand that the onus was on the owners to have the finances available to cover the wages of the employees.