Methinks Davis brought the club 800k in transfer fees, to oldco or newco does not matter, even though I think the money was withheld by the SFA et al ... unlawfully AFAIK.

Southampton stupidly paid a fee due to the uncertainty of the timescale needed to receive international clearance. They were just one of the many duped by Green and his bluster.

Davis did the exact same thing as the others.

Southampton stupidly paid a fee due to the uncertainty of the timescale needed to receive international clearance. They were just one of the many duped by Green and his bluster.

So in these cases you rather want those players to take up their "rights" and leave Rangers for free and the club (as such, Green or not) in a more precarious situation?

So in these cases you rather want those players to take up their "rights" and leave Rangers for free and the club (as such, Green or not) in a more precarious situation?

As I have already stated on this thread, and said so at the time, they should all have transferred over on full contract and called Green out. It was their decision at the end of the day.

What I cannot stand is the attitude of folk like yourself who attempt to present a difference between the 'loyalty' of Davis and that of Naismith, Whittaker etc. all based on the ramblings of Green and his Whyte-esque empty threats of court action. Even after all that has happened in the interim the penny still hasn't dropped.

Forget the legal implications and if it was right or wrong but what Southampton done was honourable given our situation.

They should be applauded for that.

He did the right thing. What professional with a decent part of his career left would have endured three years in a football backwater rather than taking the opportunity to earn serious money down south?

Would Lee McCulloch have stayed at Rangers if he'd been a younger man when the roof fell in?

I think it was Whittaker and Naismith who embarrassed themselves at their leaving press conference - which was completely uncalled for - but leaving Rangers was absolutely the right thing to do for any professional player who had more lucrative and worthwhile career options to exploit.

As fans, look how miserable our 'journey' has been. Any player getting a better offer would have been daft to reject it to stay at a club whose future - even now - is still in doubt.

If any of us had been in Naismith's position, would we really have hung around when the English Premiership was an option? Every bit of advice he received would have been to get out, and this was good advice.

The press conference, however, was a disgrace.

Nobody expected any of the so called star players to play in the 3rd division. What we did expect was a bit of loyalty, sign over and let the club acquire the reduced transfer fees that were in their contracts. Whitaker is a piece of shit , I wish him and the others nothing but bad luck.

Sorry I will never ever forget that press conference with Whittaker and naishame and the years that have passed haven't softened me. Annoys me every time I read anything form either of these two talking about our club

Nobody expected any of the so called star players to play in the 3rd division. What we did expect was a bit of loyalty, sign over and let the club acquire the reduced transfer fees that were in their contracts. Whitaker is a piece of shit , I wish him and the others nothing but bad luck.

And if we couldn't sell them we were stuck with numerous players on £20k + a week. That would have really killed us. The fact is Green and co could not afford to keep the likes of Whittaker, Naismith or McGregor, not even for a few weeks never mind a month or two to find a potential buyer. That would have been genuinely gambling with our future.