This isn't about the competency of the players or the result even. This is about the management of the football department. I know you don't like to go there and would prefer to blame the players..

What gives you the impression that "I don't like to go there" ?? Are you saying I am an Ally lover ? Not sure where you get that impression.

I don't agree, but we all know what they say about opinions.

I don't see it as being that big of a deal. You honestly think that a significant difference would be made in the week before a game to a player's ability ? The guy would have been 26 and 27 - if he hasn't learned his trade by that age then he shouldn't be playing anyway.

Do we know he was training with the 1st team ? Or was he training with the youths and U20's ?

Personally I think it is being used conveniently. Had we won there would have been no complaint about it - in the Raith game he had 10 team mates that also helped defeat us - did they train with us too the week before ? IIRC, we only gave him maybe 2 saves to make in 120 minutes. Rather than get all annoyed at him training with us the week before he plays against us..... I would prefer we focused on the incompetencies of our own players on those occasions.

We shouldn't be offering our facilities to anyone not contracted by the club.

I can see where you're coming from and agree with some of your points mate, but what I'm talking about isn't necessarily that a sporting advantage was gained, it's just that I disagree with the principal full stop.

It's absolutely not an attempt (certainly not on my part) to make any excuses, convenient or otherwise for the losses in those cup games.

You could argue that seeing Robinson in training at Murray Park gave us the inside track on him equally as much as the other way round, but it's not really the whole inside track thing which bothers me.

I'm only interested in the logic and straight-up principal of the matter as well as the overall professionalism of the decision making at the training ground.

Allowing the opposition's keeper to come and train and use the facilities at Murray Park for a month in the immediate build-up to a cup game (especially a cup final ffs!) is neither logical or professional.

Did you have a problem with Nacho training at MP when he was over ? He was playing for another club at the time too, only difference being they weren't in direct competition.

Rangers, for me at least, have always been a club based on common decency (until our recent woes) and I actually find it to be the RIGHT thing to do to offer a former player our facilities in these type of instances - unless it was Kenny Miller when he was at Celtic (NO, I am not a Miller hater either) I don't see the problem in allowing our ex players to train with us.

It may not be logical but I am not convinced about it being unprofessional. It should have been a canter to win that game so him training with us should have been a non-event no matter what way you look at it.

Did you have a problem with Nacho training at MP when he was over ? He was playing for another club at the time too, only difference being they weren't in direct competition.

Rangers, for me at least, have always been a club based on common decency (until our recent woes) and I actually find it to be the RIGHT thing to do to offer a former player our facilities in these type of instances - unless it was Kenny Miller when he was at Celtic (NO, I am not a Miller hater either) I don't see the problem in allowing our ex players to train with us.

It may not be logical but I am not convinced about it being unprofessional. It should have been a canter to win that game so him training with us should have been a non-event no matter what way you look at it.

Why would anyone have an issue with Nacho or any other ex-Rangers player training at Murray Park for a bit if they're not playing for a club who's in direct competition? Or was that just a loaded question because we could have drawn the bus bros team Morton in a cup? :D

Regarding offering a former player our facilities (or accepting a request from them!), nobody has ever had an issue with it and rightly so because it's absolutely the right thing to do in most cases, but doing so with a goalkeeper who's due to face us in a cup final is a total joke.

To my mind it's not so much whether that was unprofessional or not (although I certainly do think it was!), it's how many other things are going on that are unprofessional? One or two? Dozens? Hundreds?

We are going to have to agree to disagree Zappa.

I see it as us helping out a former employee as, I would suspect, he wasn't full time with Raith so got extra sessions with us. And I perfectly understand that this could have a negative effect on Rangers - but if we really need to win a cup against supposed weaker opposition by denying the opposing keeper some training sessions then we are fcked anyway (though many would say that already).

I see this from a different perspective - I think it is an honorable thing to do - former employee, played for you for some years, let go by the club, needs some sessions, we let him. That, to me, is the Rangers way.

As I said, I see your point of view - I just view it from a wider perspective than simply football. Plus, do we know he was training with the first team ?

I know this is an extreme example, but if this kid had turned out to be a superstar (in relative terms) from his time at Raith and had an offer from us and them..... who would he be more likely to choose if he had been treated well by the Club even whilst not an employee ?

As I said, we see it from different angles, nothing wrong with that.