Is this "we" the fanbase or the club (i.e. the present office bearers).

I'm talking about the Rangers support in general. The return of Murray could see trouble in the ranks, but as previously stated, if he has something to offer, and if it helps to extricate us from this mess, we should put personal animosity to one side and see what he has to say.

I'm talking about the Rangers support in general. The return of Murray could see trouble in the ranks, but as previously stated, if he has something to offer, and if it helps to extricate us from this mess, we should put personal animosity to one side and see what he has to say.

The support have no say in the matter they just have to like it or lump it.

I'm sure the white charger is being groomed again in the stable.

The support have no say in the matter they just have to like it or lump it.

I'm sure the white charger is being groomed again in the stable.

That's perfectly true, but it will help if he is not subjected to some kind of hate campaign.

We don't need to form a fan club, but we should be open to the possibility that he might be able to help in some way.

There's probably too many supporters who'll never forgive David Murray for it to even be possible Hildy.

As with another failed CVA/newco event, fans would jack it in their droves if SDM returned in any major capacity.

That's perfectly true, but it will help if he is not subjected to some kind of hate campaign.

We don't need to form a fan club, but we should be open to the possibility that he might be able to help in some way.

Murray made his bed he'll have to lay in it.

To me the choice between Murray and Greenco is akin to deciding who you want to behead you, Al Qaeda or ISIS.

Frankie,

the analogy is a bit strong
is a severe under statement. No one is being held hostage here, as you and many others have pointed out time and again every fan is FREE to make up their own mind about buying a ST or paying game by game or going to the movies or sitting in the pub etc etc.

last year or so has seen attitudes change
This is certainly true; “loyalty” to the club expressed in buying a ST is no longer seen by some as a “duty” and it’s interesting that you acknowledge that
those that suggest the fans are to ‘blame’ for the financial problems are at least partly correct
in my case the part that I have referred to hitherto is cash flow. However, as Zappa pointed out yesterday, the position is more serious than that now because it seems that most of those who said they would go game to game simply aren't doing that. So the "loss" to the Club at present is anything up to £500,000/ month.

worthy share initiatives like Buy Rangers and Rangers First
only have just over 1% of the Club’s shares between them. Both are being secretive about numbers and money raised on a monthly basis but I suspect that it is around £10,000+ in the case of RF and perhaps £2,000 - £3,000 at best in the case of the RST/BR.

The RST will need to find ££33,677.76 to invest in the current Offer to avoid having their shareholding diluted. RF say they can take up their “rights” and more so perhaps they have £10,000 - £20,000 in the bank. At this rate of progress the declared first hurdle of both schemes namely 5% is a long, long way off.

Most people acknowledge that the only way to get rid of the Board they dislke so intensely is to buy out the investors who voted them into office. DK seems discinlined to do that (notwithstanding the possible "fit and proper issue"), MA will be prevented by the 3% Rule, SDM is unacceptable to most. In May Sheikh Abdullah Al-Thani said that he is greatly dissatisfied by the lack of approval and progress in getting both his sporting projects and plans for a commercial marina in neighbouring Marbella off the ground and running and has insinuated that he may just abandon the projects and could sell off the club (Malaga CF, if hasn't already). Perhaps he could be persauded to turn his attentions to the River Clyde and Rangers, or maybe he has a cousin?

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Corrected RST amount to take account of the terms of the offer!

So what to do? I would ask the RST or UOF to approach certain people. Dave King is an obvious choice and Jim McColl is too.

Are you suggesting that DK and UoF are not already working hand in hand? RST are affiliated to the UoF are they not? It beggars belief that the RST have not had discussions with Mr King and any other party who they think might contribute through BR. Equally I stongly suspect that when Mr Graham was hanging around RF at the outset, discussions had taken place "behind the scenes".

Jim McColl had no intention of investing in Rangers in 2010, all he was going to do was underwrite the fans bid through RST. Equally I don't think he had anything more than a nominal shareholding when he fronted the requisitioners last year. There's probably as much chance of him buying Rangers as us winning the Champions League.

Are you suggesting that DK and UoF are not already working hand in hand? RST are affiliated to the UoF are they not? It beggars belief that the RST have not had discussions with Mr King and any other party who they think might contribute through BR. Equally I stongly suspect that when Mr Graham was hanging around RF at the outset, discussions had taken place "behind the scenes".

Jim McColl had no intention of investing in Rangers in 2010, all he was going to do was underwrite the fans bid through RST. Equally I don't think he had anything more than a nominal shareholding when he fronted the requisitioners last year. There's probably as much chance of him buying Rangers as us winning the Champions League.

I don't know what relationships exist, if any. I suspect that the RST has had contact with King but I have no idea if this amounts to an ongoing relationship.

As for Jim McColl, he may decide to join a group / consortium that would do what he would choose not to do on his own. There is no harm in trying to open dialogue with him.

The support is needlessly factionalised. It would be useful if the most credible fan group, the RST, tried to bring a few well to do individuals together to see if there is any way that their talents and resources can be usefully pooled.

This constant wailing and weeping over absent fans is not going to bring them back. Dialogue, a constructive attitude, positive action and a healthy outcome, however, just might.