I don't know what relationships exist, if any. I suspect that the RST has had contact with King but I have no idea if this amounts to an ongoing relationship.

As for Jim McColl, he may decide to join a group / consortium that would do what he would choose not to do on his own. There is no harm in trying to open dialogue with him.

The support is needlessly factionalised. It would be useful if the most credible fan group, the RST, tried to bring a few well to do individuals together to see if there is any way that their talents and resources can be usefully pooled.

I cannot tell you how many times I heard that across the table from Messrs Edgar and Dingwall in 2010 but it never came to pass. What makes you think it is more likely to happen now? If Messrs Smillie and Park etc were going to put their hands in their pockets and fetch out serious money don't you think they would have done it long before now?

I'm not going to rise to the bait about which fans group is the most credible; but two separate main groups with less than 1% of the shares each is pissing in the wind.

I cannot tell you how many times I heard that across the table from Messrs Edgar and Dingwall in 2010 but it never came to pass. What makes you think it is more likely to happen now? If Messrs Smillie and Park etc were going to put their hands in their pockets and fetch out serious money don't you think they would have done it long before now?

I'm not going to rise to the bait about which fans group is the most credible; but two separate main groups with less than 1% of the shares each is pissing in the wind.

People on the RST board move on and are replaced by others. Dingwall has gone and so has Edgar.

Smillie and Park might be happy to join a consortium to lead a buyout. On the other hand, they may not, but someone should be doing the asking and the RST and Union of Fans probably stand the best chance of making it happen.

It's time for some serious jaw-jawing. It may achieve little but if it helped to bring an end to this downward spiral, it is surely worth attempting.

People on the RST board move on and are replaced by others. Dingwall has gone and so has Edgar.

Smillie and Park might be happy to join a consortium to lead a buyout. On the other hand, they may not, but someone should be doing the asking and the RST and Union of Fans probably stand the best chance of making it happen.

It's time for some serious jaw-jawing. It may achieve little but if it helped to bring an end to this downward spiral, it is surely worth attempting.

My point was not so much about previous RST Board Members as to the HNW brigade.

Surely the enlightened new leadership of the RST has been in touch with these people already?

Are you on the RST board, Hildy?

I would think that your enthusiasm plus the raft of ideas you have are merits which would be greatly appreciated by them.

My point was not so much about previous RST Board Members as to the HNW brigade.

Surely the enlightened new leadership of the RST has been in touch with these people already?

I have no idea, however, I'm pleased that you concede that the new leadership of the Trust is enlightened.

After the nightmare of the first one, the bidding shambles and the Club handed over in a closed deal to shysters like Green & co, a second insolvency event has always been one of my biggest worries because the danger of a second event was increased tenfold by Duff & Phelps not properly addressing the excessive cost base like administrators normally do when they go into a loss-making football club.

With the position we're in now in terms of the ownership another insolvency event could potentially finish us off and even if we managed to get through it via a CVA I'd be very worried indeed about the ownership of the stadium and training ground because numerous clubs down south and across Europe have lost ownership of their stadium or in some cases even lost it completely during an insolvency.

Another failed CVA & newco scenario could be absolutely catastrophic because even if we got through it with our license, history & titles in tact I think there's a high chance that quite large numbers of fans would just decide to jack it in altogether because they've simply had enough.

Very worrying times indeed.

I think your last two paragraphs have described what's happening just now without actual insolvency.

I think your last two paragraphs have described what's happening just now without actual insolvency.

Hopefully not, although it's definitely looking as though quite a high percentage of those who didn't renew their ST aren't going at all for various reasons. I don't think too many will have jacked it in completely though, but that remains to be seen. It's scandalous that the Hibs game at Ibrox in a few weeks is on a Monday night because that's going to hurt ticket sales for what might otherwise have been a good attendance.

Hopefully not, although it's definitely looking as though quite a high percentage of those who didn't renew their ST aren't going at all for various reasons. I don't think too many will have jacked it in completely though, but that remains to be seen. It's scandalous that the Hibs game at Ibrox in a few weeks is on a Monday night because that's going to hurt ticket sales for what might otherwise have been a good attendance.

Our bus was full for Hibs before we even kicked off against Hearts. Now we have no one going.

it would be difficult to fail a cva right now. no one will give us debt to run up.

Do we know for sure that the Club's been paying all of it's bills though?

When did we find out for sure that Whyte hadn't been paying the bills?