So it shouldn't be a consideration for fans as well? Let's not worry if we go into administration and have to get rid of all our players again?

Of course, but it should also be of prime concern to the administrators. They are the ones who should be demanding that plans for the future are robust, realistic, and most of all, achievable. If there is a serious campaign against one of the bidders, the latter part must be seen as a major concern.

Sadly, all of that is based on legitimate administrators being hired.

An honest administrator won't change the shareholders.

What would/could honest administrators do to help? I'm thinking immediately of onerous contracts but can they look at getting supporters more involved which might put off investors not interested in the well being of the club?

Guest AuldBear

They should take big steps right out of our club. It will be a disgrace if they end up in administration after the support ( financial and vocal ) that they have recieved from the Rangers fans. Enough is enough, now is the time for the people to take control of Rangers and appoint their own chairman.

Is administration now what the boycotters are trying to achieve?

Bears in my work who don't come near forums or social media are looking at it as a way out. These guys get their news from the red tops. I was surprised to hear them say that.

What would/could honest administrators do to help? I'm thinking immediately of onerous contracts but can they look at getting supporters more involved which might put off investors not interested in the well being of the club?

I'm not enough of an expert to comment as to what the possibilities are, but it's not necessarily the answers that everyone hopes for. I presume that the current shareholders could set up a pre-pack and effectively control doesn't change. The honesty of the admin doesn't preclude control remaining where it is, I believe.

There are absolutely no certainties with respect to an insolvency event - other than the fact we'd lose 25 points.

Onerous contracts, shareholding levels and ownership may not change and the quality of administrator perhaps not something to rely on either.

Forcing the club towards this is a huge gamble without a credible alternative.

I'm not enough of an expert to comment as to what the possibilities are, but it's not necessarily the answers that everyone hopes for. I presume that the current shareholders could set up a pre-pack and effectively control doesn't change. The honesty of the admin doesn't preclude control remaining where it is, I believe.

Which is why any boycott would only be lifted post an admin where the governance changes.