There are absolutely no certainties with respect to an insolvency event - other than the fact we'd lose 25 points.

Onerous contracts, shareholding levels and ownership may not change and the quality of administrator perhaps not something to rely on either.

Forcing the club towards this is a huge gamble without a credible alternative.

And continuing along our current path is pointless.

We don't need to change our shareholders we need to change how we are run.

Again I will say we are a club that bought players in august we can't pay in September.

And continuing along our current path is pointless.

We don't need to change our shareholders we need to change how we are run.

Again I will say we are a club that bought players in august we can't pay in September.

We do need to change our shareholders if King is to assume control.

Continuing on this path may well be pointless but the other routes are dangerous with no definite destination - that's all I'm saying.

Is it what the board are trying to achieve?

I would hope that the aim of a boycot is a sea change in how we are run. Not admin.

It's what we all hope for, but it seems to be an unrealistic hope at the moment. Admin looks a far likelier outcome.

We do need to change our shareholders if King is to assume control.

Continuing on this path may well be pointless but the other routes are dangerous with no definite destination - that's all I'm saying.

In the absence of someone with around 50M to throw at it, I can't see any route that isn't dangerous or with definite destination, although perhaps continuing to fund sp.ivs/onerous contracts has got a more predictable end.

Some say that to break some of the onerous contracts, it's liquidation that would be needed.

And yes, that is another sea of hell where huge risks would ly.

Bearing in mind what I said about throwing (30M-)50M around, I would also say that in this current 'game' it is unrealistic to expect X, Y or Z to do anything else other than continue whatever strategy they may be embarked upon in an attempt to reach an objective without spending so much money, before they were to even walk through the doors.

The pursuit of realistic and viable alternatives is something that has became progressively more difficult as the years have passed and now the only certainty in the short term is uncertainty........... and that is where we are because of many different reasons.

It's sad but I think we are damaged beyond a point where you can expect to return to where we once were in the forseeable.

With that in mind you have to tailor expectations but I wouldn't be prepared to do that and continue to fund the sp.ivs onerous contracts/creaming off.

Is it what the board are trying to achieve?

I would hope that the aim of a boycot is a sea change in how we are run. Not admin.

Quite so; If, as the result of a boycott by the fans - and let's not forget, the fans *are* the club - the boards takes us into administration, it only goes to prove that they are not fit for purpose and we were right to boycott them.

There are absolutely no certainties with respect to an insolvency event - other than the fact we'd lose 25 points.

Onerous contracts, shareholding levels and ownership may not change and the quality of administrator perhaps not something to rely on either.

Forcing the club towards this is a huge gamble without a credible alternative.

Frankie,

Has it not changed to a third of previous seasons total (i.e 34 points)?

Frankie,

Has it not changed to a third of previous seasons total (i.e 34 points)?

No Frankie's correct, it's 25 points. The new SPFL RULES AND REGULATIONS state that the penalty for an insolvency event is 15 points (previously 10) and that a second (or further) insolvency event carries a 25 point penalty.

Quoted from Section E (E1 to E5) of the rules & regs:

E - Club Financial Arrangements

Insolvency

E1 - Subject to Rule E5, where a Club suffers or is subject to an Insolvency Event that Club shall be deducted 15 points in the League.

E2 - Where an Insolvency Event occurs during a Season, the 15 points deduction shall be applied immediately to take effect in the current Season.

E3 - Where an Insolvency Event occurs during the Close Season the 15 points deduction shall apply in respect of the immediately following Season, such that the relevant Club starts that immediately following Season in the relevant Division on minus 15 points.

E4 - Where an Insolvency Event or in the event that such Insolvency Event is part of an Insolvency Process that process, continues and/or is subsisting during a second or later Season then, for each such second or later Season, during the whole or part of which such Insolvency Event or Insolvency Process is continuing and/or subsisting, the Club concerned shall be deducted 15 points and shall start each such second or later Season in the relevant Division on minus 15 points.

E5 - Where a Club, whether owned and operated by the same or a different Member, suffers or is subject to an Insolvency Event which results in a deduction of points in terms of these Rules and within 5 years of the date of such Insolvency Event suffers or is subject to a further Insolvency Event which is not part of the same Insolvency Process as the Insolvency Event then suffered, the points deduction applicable in terms of Rules E1 in respect of that second or further Insolvency Event, shall be 25 points with the 15 points in Rules E2 and E3 being 25 Points.