Another one for the "False Murray Promises" thread...?

"There will have to be more money made available to Walter. I have resources.

"What I don't want to do is put the club in the situation it was in before where we are running up a huge overdraft and financing losses.

"But it's obvious we need to spend a bit more money."

When asked if he would use his own cash to buy players, Murray said: "Wait and see."

wait and see indeed...

A couple of the papers are reporting that DM had set aside 2M for PLG in January, which the manager didn't want to spend. The same papers are saying that DM will now fund Walter with 5-8M from his own "pocket" to try and turn things around.

Like you say, we'll have to wait and see.

I don't think Murray can afford not to spend this time. It's time to raid the emergency funds as we are a shambles at the moment.

Augmenting the team for a good run in the UEFA cup could bring us quite a few million back in earnings and qualification for the CL is imperative.

If we don't spend now and lurch from crisis to crisis, then Murray will look like a fool and he knows it. Besides, I don't think Smith would have come and risked his newly re-invigorated reputation without substantial funds.

I think 5M would easily be affordable and with this emergency borrowing another 3M would be very plausible.

Eck had 8M after the sale of Boumsong and used it to win the league although ironically we were top of the league with the French defender in the team.

To be honest, it would take so much more than £8 million to get us out of bother. We need an entire new team. Of the current squad as first team players only Smith, Boyd and Adam should stay. I'm still not sure of Mcgregor although he's done pretty well, we need to revamp the centre midfield and relying on Boyd's goals will only get us so far. Murray, Burke, McGregor should stay as squad players.

To be honest, it would take so much more than �£8 million to get us out of bother. We need an entire new team. Of the current squad as first team players only Smith, Boyd and Adam should stay. I'm still not sure of Mcgregor although he's done pretty well, we need to revamp the centre midfield and relying on Boyd's goals will only get us so far. Murray, Burke, McGregor should stay as squad players.

So no foreign players at all at the club then? lol :P

TBH i dont think it needs to be as drastic as all that.

There will no doubt be more 'home based' players in the team, but i think with the right coaching (and we have some promising coaches now) and inspiration towards the players we have a decent team.

Ill be very happy if its �£8m he gets to spend.

To be honest, it would take so much more than �£8 million to get us out of bother. We need an entire new team. Of the current squad as first team players only Smith, Boyd and Adam should stay. I'm still not sure of Mcgregor although he's done pretty well, we need to revamp the centre midfield and relying on Boyd's goals will only get us so far. Murray, Burke, McGregor should stay as squad players.

While many of the players have no been shown to pass muster, many of them could easily fit in a decent team, decently coached.

You don't need a squad of Laudrups to win the league, you need three or four really good players and then the rest of a decent standard that can perform consistently well as a unit.

We have may players that could fit into the latter category with proper coaching and man management.

What we do need are those three or four top players plus on or two more reliable players in key positions.

We plainly can't afford a whole new squad as we can't cancel the contracts of the present guys even if we could bring in a team for free on the same wages.

So players like MacGregor may not wow you but he will suffice for the near future along with players like Smith, Burke, Fergie, Hemdani, Clement, Prso and Boyd.

Players like Hutton, Adam, Rae, Murray, Novo from Eck's era, while nothing special can still do a job as a squad player under Smith especially as they all at least try on pitch.

Players who need to prove their worth are the Le Guen imports of Letizi, Svensson, Papac, Sionko, N'Diaye and Sebo and you can add Buffel to that list which is one where a lot of the recent money has gone.

Then an assessment needs to be made on our younger players in the reserve team: Ponroy, N'Gessan, Furman, Stanger, Carcary, Davidson, Lennon and Lowing and see if any are good enough to be given the chance.

I'm not sure where Klos fits into things but I suspect it is SDM and Bain he has fallen out with and so there looks to be no way back.

I think we are stuck with our most recent foreign buys till the summer so we have to wait and see what our management and coaching staff can do with them. Perhaps we can loan them out to put them in the shop window.

The one I'd like to see developed is Clement, and you only have to remember how Gatusso turned out after a few years with Walter...