Other than a possible easier route to the CL group stage for improved portfolio exposure, I can't see any gain out of this for Ashley.

Add in the fact our fans are after more transparency (not less) then this is far from a perfect match.

At last we're seeing what we pay Ashley's mates at Keith Bishop Associates £140k a year for.

The Rangers saga...........................Spinning bullshit part 4728

Let's see................Ashely .........

- Charles Green's mate

- Used for creaming off cash / Jim Park.

- Onerous Contracts

- Misleading 'headline' on % ownership/control re. joint venture with Rangers Retail and Sports Direct.

- Rights for naming Ibrox for a Quid.

- At Newcastle, the fans hate him.

- Newcastle, known for being the least ambitious club in EPL.

- Newcastle, doesn't give a monkeys about the fans.

- Doesn't communicate.........unless you count spinning bullshitters on his behalf.

I could go on but.........

Is Mike Ashely perfect for Rangers ?

I guess that depends if you have the longterm future of the club at heart or are into Sports Direct increasing their profits.

Mike Ashley so far has been an unmitigated disaster for us and takes a fair share of responsibility in the dire mess we find ourselves in. He is another vulture circling for his pound of flesh and so far he's making a very good job of it.

The Newcastle fans hate him, Sports Direct the company are generally hated and I cannot fathom how anyone could see his involvement as remotely positive. He also showed in that recent press conference that he is just generally a self-centred arse of a man.

So far we have got nothing from him whatsoever apart from being conned out of money.

Barrel of laughs ain't he......

Alan Pardew is 'gone' if we lose to Stoke, says Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley... but then claims it's a 'joke'

Mike Ashley has broken his silence on Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew’s future and told The Independent that if he loses the Premier League game at Stoke City on Monday night he is “finished”.

On Friday night, the billionaire club owner’s lawyers, insisted those comments, which were made late on Thursday night in a London bar, were a joke and intended to be tongue in cheek.

But the strength of the remarks will still shock Newcastle fans, whose team are bottom of the Premier League.

“He’s got one more game,” Ashley said. “If we lose against Stoke on Monday night then he’s gone. I have had enough.”

Making a throat-cutting gesture, Ashley added: “Dead. Finished. Over. One more game then that’s it. What would you do? I have spent a lot of money on that club, it’s cost me a lot. I won’t put up with it any more. Honestly, answer me, what would you do? One more loss and he’s gone, he’s over, finished.”

Ashley was speaking outside The Golden Lion pub in London’s Soho district on Thursday night where he was having a drink with a friend.

When asked if he had informed Pardew about his decision or lined up any replacements, the billionaire said: “That’s all I’m prepared to say about it and now that I’ve said it, it’s out there. You can do what you want with it. There’s only so much I can take.”

Newcastle have secured only three points all season and have won only five matches in the whole of 2014.

Until now, Ashley has backed Pardew, who was appointed in 2010. The two held “clear the air” talks only two weeks ago but Ashley’s comments will add further pressure on the beleaguered manager.

Pardew signed an eight-year contract with the club in September 2012 but there is a break clause in the deal if Ashley decides to sack him. Last week Newcastle fans launched a protest campaign against Pardew with more than 30,000 leaflets demanding his sacking before the 2-2 home draw against Hull City.

Ashley’s lawyer on Friday night added: “Mr Ashley responded, tongue in cheek, that Mr Pardew had two more games before being sacked. To put this into perspective, over the past few weeks certain reporters have stated that they believe that Mr Pardew has two more games before being sacked. Mr Ashley was therefore ‘humouring’ your reporter.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/alan-pardew-is-gone-if-we-lose-to-stoke-says-newcastle-united-owner-mike-ashley-but-then-claims-its-a-joke-9759060.html

That's all very barmy on multiple levels. A joke or not it's a far cry from the George Orwell press conference he recently held.

That said, all he cares about is premiership survival and with Newcastle sitting bottom of the league that is at risk.

To be honest I'd love to see clubs like Newcastle overhauled with foreign ideas that might give the top 4 something to think about.

I grew up as a Rangers fan hating David Murray. I remember being at school professing on FF how much I hated the man. This was in the earlier 00's. Does he look so bad now? I'm not too sure.