Please forgive me for being cynical where the likes of Ashley is concerned, but as has previously been pointed out, if it was purely an investment decision, he could have acquired his ten percent through the open offer. This was strategic.

I forgive you completely, let's compromise and call it his investment strategy.

Might be but I think it's easy to read too many conspiracy theories into this; it might just have been a straightforward investment decision. He may well have given his broker instructions to buy at 20p up to his 10% SFA limit in the short term.

Bit like when people were reading too many "conspiracy theories" into Green&Co ?

I'd have thought you may have been a little more circumspect with such interpretations given history.

Bit like when people were reading too many "conspiracy theories" into Green&Co ?

I'd have thought you may have been a little more circumspect with such interpretations given history.

I agree that we should learn from history especially where the recent financial affairs of our Club are concerned.

Just to put things in context, he has just forked out £33m for another 5% stake in Debenhams.

So no reason why he can't afford to buy a controlling stake in Rangers whenever he feels like and the shares are available and have plenty left over to finance a team that might do something in Europe thus giving the sales boost to make his investment worthwhile.

So no reason why he can't afford to buy a controlling stake in Rangers whenever he feels like and the shares are available and have plenty left over to finance a team that might do something in Europe thus giving the sales boost to make his investment worthwhile.

.....and pigs might fly.

I agree that we should learn from history especially where the recent financial affairs of our Club are concerned.

Yes, but you especially might like to learn as I'm sure you wouldn't want to repeat your mistakes regards Green&Co.

I repeat this because as you have a background in finance, office bearing and the politics that might go with them, many would expect you to be accurate with your general 'calls'. History tells us that your 'CV' as such didn't help you when making a call on Green&Co and personally I find that difficult to reconcile if you were viewing facts and events in an objective/analytical way.

Yes, but you especially might like to learn as I'm sure you wouldn't want to repeat your mistakes regards Green&Co.

I repeat this because as you have a background in finance, office bearing and the politics that might go with them, many would expect you to be accurate with your general 'calls'. History tells us that your 'CV' as such didn't help you when making a call on Green&Co and personally I find that difficult to reconcile if you were viewing facts and events in an objective/analytical way.

So you keep saying.