Aye, I think I may have to spend time explaining to my 10yr old why he will no longer be getting the latest Rangers top for his birthday or Xmas. He is smarter than the Easdale's but should get it fairly easily.

The part of King's plan that was unclear was how he was going to achieve the conditions that he required for the deal to go through.

Have the full details been given on Kennedy's alternative? Has he even made a statement?

I see - well I certainly never thought he'd get it through, which is why I presume he had Kennedy primed for the Friday alternative offer which sent Ashley into ballistic bully mode

I read something this morning just before going to work. I think it was in a Sons of Struth statement. It was a million more quid, one rather than two places on the board...and....bugger it, my memory's not up to it and I didn't save it as i was running late. Pretty sure it was in a Fan Body (SoS I think)statement this morning though...

PS Or maybe UoF

This from The Telegraph:

The UoF had been notably silent as another weekend of turbulence enveloped Rangers, with Ashley beating off a £16 million takeover attempt by former Ibrox director Dave King, and an offer of a £3m emergency loan from Sale Sharks' owner Brian Kennedy.

Last Friday, Philip Nash - a former Arsenal and Liverpool executive - quit in protest at the plc directors' decision to accept a £2m loan, secured over six months on two Rangers' property assets, in return for allowing the Newcastle United owner two seats on the Ibrox board. Kennedy, by contrast, had asked for only one, while King, in respect of his larger offer, wanted to control the chair of the board.

Edited by SteveC
PS

I see - well I certainly never thought he'd get it through, which is why I presume he had Kennedy primed for the Friday alternative offer which sent Ashley into ballistic bully mode

I read something this morning just before going to work. I think it was in a Sons of Struth statement. It was a million more quid, one rather than two places on the board...and....bugger it, my memory's not up to it and I didn't save it as i was running late. Pretty sure it was in a Fan Body (SoS I think)statement this morning though...

An SoS statement can't be relied upon to be accurate. Not a peep from King or Kennedy speaks volumes to me.

Kennedy spoke when the Ashley loan was accepted:

"Reacting to Ashley’s move, Kennedy said: “We put an offer in but it was not accepted so now we graciously walk away and hope it all works out for Rangers.”

What else was left for him to say? He put in an offer, it was rejected

Kennedy spoke when the Ashley loan was accepted:

"Reacting to Ashley’s move, Kennedy said: “We put an offer in but it was not accepted so now we graciously walk away and hope it all works out for Rangers.”

What else was left for him to say? He put in an offer, it was rejected

Thanks.

If he thought that they had been shafted, I would have expected a bit more than that bland release. Kennedy loves getting himself a mention and a bit of free publicity.