This is an interesting point because there's still a LOT of the obsessed ones out there taking action that appears to be above and beyond reaction and more in the realm of repeated proactive attacks.

The type I'm talking about not only discuss Rangers every single day, but spend their lives investigating us, using every minute of their spare time to look under rocks for a shred of evidence that could see our history severed, titles stripped or harm our Club in other ways.

They are actively (at this very moment and for several months now) pursuing a new line of attack involving certain EBTs they claim weren't disclosed during the previous SPL legal case regarding title stripping, writing letters to 'certain' law firms, the SFA, SPFL and god knows what else.

These aren't just your average bead and sabre-rattling Rangers hating nutters. These people are obsessed and on a crusade.

To be fair, we don't make it difficult for them :(

They may well have noticed Zappa, but what would you expect them to do then?

Get on the blower to someone in accounts at Rangers to highlight any irregularities and ask if everything was ok? Maybe one of the accounts employees at Rangers who knew fine well that the Club was running up millions of pounds worth of debt to HMRC? Financial controller Ken Olverman?

Which brings us to another puzzling set of questions, this time in-house: How many people within the Club knew exactly what was happening and was it an internal leak which reached guys like Traynor & Jackson quite early on in 2011?

So many questions, so few answers....

By forcing its sale to a charlatan like Whyte ??? You're haven' a laugh here aren't you?

LBG wouldn't care - they had washed their hands of it and pocketed 18 million. Why would they care who got it so long as they weren't associated in its eventual downfall ?

Your explanation here has always been one of the most likely and obvious ones to me MB, especially when you consider the pre-admin threats (and actions) from some of our own fans to boycott the bank.

I said so on here at the time too, it was a PR nightmare that they really did not need, so they wanted out ASAP.

Something which does bother me regarding the 'follow the money' aspect of it though, is that LBG (just like HMRC) somehow managed to turn a blind eye to Whyte & his cronies not paying tax & PAYE to HMRC from the Club's LBG account.

We're not talking about a pocket change account here, we're talking about a reasonably large company dealing in millions of pounds a month suspending it's tax payments for 9 months.

It MUST have been noticed and reported up the food chain/pyramid at LBG, just as it must have at HMRC.

Under no circumstance is it the responsibility of an organization's bankers to inform HMRC of non-payment of taxes. That is a ludicrous notion.

It would have been illegal for them to have revealed it to anyone or went public with it, but it's hard to imagine that someone taking care of the Rangers account at LBG didn't notice the suspension of payments to HMRC under Whyte's regime.

So what were they going to do about it ?

i'll pass

i saw the phrase sporting integrity on the first page.

I was referring to one of their blog articles from last month which went into detail about their latest line of attack. The name of a well known Glasgow law firm was in the title.

And apparently took no action which I found very strange indeed

I don't think it is that strange in all honesty.

Many, many businesses use the flaws in HMRC's tax collection to provide them with cashflow in difficult times. By that I mean the only time that HMRC actually "know" what the liability due to them is will be at the end of the tax year when returns are provided and the tax is "trued up". Up until April 5th everything is, effectively, a payment on account. Is it wrong ? Yes. Is it actionable ? Yes. Is it something the SFA were obligated to do something about ? Probably not, not at least until the year end returns, tax reconciliations and then the payments not made.

We went into administration in February, which was before the end of the tax year.

remember too that when Whyte got Rangers LBG very kindly withdrew the overdraft facility. Didnt exactly do much to help did they?

And why should they ? The proper financial management of Rangers isn't LBG's problem.

I'm not surprised in the least that LBG would do this. Given they wanted out when SDM had us and the fact they got their 18 million - why would you expect them to then give us an overdraft facility ?