Billionaire Scot (and RFC fan) investing into Motherwell

I'd imagine he's perhaps a more nominal bear than most of us but a bear he is and he was present at last years AGM.

I'm told he wanted to invest in us but has been put off for now for a number of reasons and, given the state of the club, who can blame him.

I notice Richard Wilson also said on Sportsound last night Hutchison was a Rangers fan.

Is he really a 'billionaire' or is he a multi-millionaire himself with an even more minted wife due to her inheriting the Shaw family business and fortune?

Is he really a 'billionaire' or is he a multi-millionaire himself with an even more minted wife due to her inheriting the Shaw family business and fortune?

Sorry missed this during the week. I don't know their exact net worth and who is the richer but I'm told the £300m part of their fortune doesn't represent it all. His wife would have inherited more cash when her father died so they are very, very comfortable.

I notice now his investment into Motherwell is confirmed. He was also on the radio earler where he confirmed he's a bear and RFC shareholder but will dispose of his shares should the SFA request it.

A big opportunity missed by our club's 'investment committee'.

So KIng had his money tied behind RSA tax walls, this chap got the 300m only last year ... all money "released" too late for the post-Whyte disaster. Add to that late-comers Kennedy and McColl and you start to wonder ...

Start to wonder what ?

Start to wonder what ?

... what might have been? If Murray had sold the club for 20m to a King NOT under RSA tax investigation (and with all his money handy)? Had a Kennedy decided to step in in 2011? A McColl? This Motherwell chap had sold his shares 3 years earlier? You wonder where we would be these days.

Edited by der Berliner

... what might have been? If Murray had sold the club for 20m to a King NOT under RSA tax investigation (and with all his money handy)? Had a Kennedy decided to step in in 2011? A McColl? This Motherwell chap had sold his shares 3 years earlier? You wonder where we would be these days.

All hypothetical that makes no point in wondering upon though dB. We are where we are, like it or not :(

Edited by craig

All hypothetical that makes no point in wondering upon though dB. We are where we are, like it or not :(

Well, we have had to come to terms with it, no doubt about that. But still, with so many "rich", rather good guys about these days, you do wonder what might have been if that had been the case back then.