Only 3 wins from 10 games under McDowall

Most of us expected to lose the League Cup semi-final, but even still, to have only won 3 out of 9 games under Kenny McDowall is simply not acceptable.

Something needs to be done about it and it needs to be done ASAP.

I don't see much chance of a change in personnel very soon if you go by this article ...

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/8750-managerial-appointment-crucial

Friday, 06 March 2015 18:00

Managerial Appointment Crucial

Written by Rangers Football Club

Managerial Appointment Crucial

THE appointment of Rangers’ next permanent manager will be a crucial decision in the eyes of the men now holding power at Ibrox.

Dave King and Paul Murray both admit that it will be fundamental to their rebuilding of the club to employ the right man.

Interim Chairman Murray said: “I think you have to remember that there have only been 13 men in the history of the club that have held the position, so it’s a really important position.

“We see this as being us laying the foundation of a long term project here so getting the first team manager appointed is a critical, fundamental decision.

“We’re not going to rush in to that. Now that this is over today I’m sure people will approach us and people have been, but until today we didn’t have any mandate to speak to anyone.

“We will continue that process and we obviously have a couple of people who are on the management front at the moment who have expressed their views in terms of the future.

“We’ll have to sit down with Ally and Kenny and have that conversation but the choice of the new manager is one we want to take some time on and get right.”

King believes the timescale of such a move is less important than the act of ensuring that the resulting appointment is the right one.

He said: “I think this season it’s late, other than through enthusiasm and energy, to give a completely different direction to the season.

“We are where we are so I think the best that we can hope is that this kind of tidal change today and the support of the fans can galvanize us through the season.

“My personal thought is that at this stage in the club’s history we need less of a manager and much more of a coach.

“We’re not going to go and buy a new team and tell someone to come and manage them, we need someone of a different set of skills to come in and build and develop and bring youngsters through so it’s an important position and we have to be very careful.

“It’s a long road ahead and I think it takes a different type of manager. We’re not going to bring in a Dick Advocaat and say ‘we have a winning team you just have to manage it’ it’s a very different thing and we have to be smart about the individual we get in.”

Factoring in that we may be in either league next season was always going to be the best course of action, but we're sinking without trace now. People say we'll get humped by Hibs in the playoff... but we're in danger of not even being in the playoffs to get humped!

QotS and Falkirk, I consider, are now breathing down our necks.

Factoring in that we may be in either league next season was always going to be the best course of action, but we're sinking without trace now. People say we'll get humped by Hibs in the playoff... but we're in danger of not even being in the playoffs to get humped!

QotS and Falkirk, I consider, are now breathing down our necks.

The problem is the situation arising of facing Hibs next season again for an automatic promotion place.....

I still maintain we must bring in an interim coach to fight for promotion.

This is not rocket science. The situation we find ourselves in is having someone as caretaker manager who doesn't want the job & needs to be replaced at the earliest opportunity as I'd suggest as he looks hopelessly out of his depth in the role

Reading the comments from King & Murray they may not have decided who they want as next manager which is perfectly OK.Perhaps their preferred candidate might not be available yet who knows.

But in the meantime why not get Stuart McCall to take charge of the team between now & the end of the season at least?He has got plenty of coaching & managerial experience which is ideal given our current predicament.I wouldn't think it would take an exorbitant contract to persuade him to take over as he's out of work at present. And if he does well we can extend his contract as we go on.

If we aren't promoted then it would hardly be all attributable to McCall as the damage was more or less done prior to his arrival.

For me it would be a win-win situation for both Rangers & McCall. The status quo is simply not an option.

Edited by RANGERRAB

This is not rocket science. The situation we find ourselves in is having someone as caretaker manager who doesn't want the job & needs to be replaced at the earliest opportunity as I'd suggest as he looks hopelessly out of his depth in the role

Reading the comments from King & Murray they may not have decided who they want as next manager which is perfectly OK.Perhaps their preferred candidate might not be available yet who knows.

But in the meantime why not get Stuart McCall to take charge of the team between now & the end of the season at least?He has got plenty of coaching & managerial experience which is ideal given our current predicament.I wouldn't think it would take an exorbitant contract to persuade him to take over as he's out of work at present. And if he does well we can extend his contract as we go on.

If we aren't promoted then it would hardly be all attributable to McCall as the damage was more or less done prior to his arrival.

For me it would be a win-win situation for both Rangers & McCall. The status quo is simply not an option.

Have to agree and there are other candidates too.....

We need a manager in immediately. No two ways about it.