Marius Zaliukas is in an emotional state of comfort

I noticed this quoted on Twitter. It is Marius Zaliukas as quoted in the Record.

And he bristled when asked if he was embarrassed at his side’s display. The Lithuanian defender said: “So what? Why should we be embarrassed? Because they lost 10-0 last week?

“We’re not embarrassed because this was a 
different story playing here instead of Tynecastle. What do you mean?

“Conditions played a big part in the game today. We can play better but the positive thing 
was we got a clean sheet, although we didn’t score. We’ll take it from there.

“I had a great chance from the header in the second half but to be honest I didn’t expect the ball to come through to me.

“I only saw it at the last moment and it was a shame I didn’t score.”

Disappointing when I first read it. Seems to get worse the longer I think about it.

Edited by ranger_syntax

Our main problem has been the clueless manager and his pals.

There are problems all over the pitch. I think that the real cause is the management although maybe we will be more forgiving if more information about the board comes out in future.

Regardless of who is to blame Zaliukas's comments reveal the type of attitude that we shouldn't have anywhere near the team. I doubt he is the only one who thinks like this. The next manager will have a lot of work to do. Any benefit that the first team gained from previous success is long gone.

IMHO, it does not say a lot. For weeks our players get a microphone into their face after yet another disappointing display and reporters want to know what's the score. The question here would be: what do people actually expect for a reply and what would the fallout be afterwards. No matter what Zaliukas might have said, people would have bemoaned it. I reckon the frustration levels are at breaking point with some players. About their own performances, about the lack of quality about them, about the lack of effort by their fellow players, the lack of tactical awareness and gall by those in charge. All leads to more frustration by those actually still willing to perform, up to the point where they'll simple give up. I for one doubt that Zaliukas has given up or is in any state of comfort though.

Our main problem this season has been a lack of goals from our forwards.

the whole squad is rank.

the fact that they can't/won't see it and further compound the fact by lying/making excuses/insult people's intelligence just exacerbates the problem.