BBC are unbiased?

I remember watching the news followed by the weather that night and thinking 'did I hear that right, Castle Greyskull?'

I found it funny! :D

Dunno how you seen it mate because it wasnt at night..:D

Was about 9.30 in the morning...

Paranoia caused by an over-reaction to an imagined perception of unjustness can't be applied here.

When coupled with the weather comments, the stupid joke about Sebo and now this unacceptable description of Thomson, this isn't a perception but a fact that BBC Scotland at least seem to be condoning some sort of continual anti-Rangers feelings.

Now, I don't think these incidents are as dangerous or as offensive as some would make out but at the same time we should just bend over and accept them.

We all pay our licence fee for a neutral, quality product from the BBC. I don't think any of us are getting that and it's not like saying "Ach just stop buying that paper". That's not possible.

Explain that last part to Wija!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the BBC's Sport website.

We note your concerns regarding inappropriate language associated with a picture of Rangers footballer, Kevin Thomson. Your concerns were raised with senior editors and they explain that an individual working for BBC Scotland saved a file under a wholly inappropriate name.

Although it does not in any way minimise the seriousness of the matter, the individual did not realise that the filename could be accessed. As soon as the incident came to light action was taken to delete the file. Both the individual concerned and BBC Scotland unreservedly apologise for any offence caused.

Please be assured that your feedback has been fully registered on our daily audience log which is made available to senior BBC management.

Thank you, once more, for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

BBC Information

The final addition. I wonder what the beeb would have said if the word ****** was involved. We would have been ripped appart by the media.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the BBC's Sport website.

We note your concerns regarding inappropriate language associated with a picture of Rangers footballer, Kevin Thomson. Your concerns were raised with senior editors and they explain that an individual working for BBC Scotland saved a file under a wholly inappropriate name.

Although it does not in any way minimise the seriousness of the matter, the individual did not realise that the filename could be accessed. As soon as the incident came to light action was taken to delete the file. Both the individual concerned and BBC Scotland unreservedly apologise for any offence caused.

Please be assured that your feedback has been fully registered on our daily audience log which is made available to senior BBC management.

Thank you, once more, for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

BBC Information

The final addition. I wonder what the beeb would have said if the word ****** was involved. We would have been ripped appart by the media.

Saw the response a while back on FF.

Absolute joke. No indication of sanctions against the employee. Essentially they are saying if hadn't been caught or that teh file name was not available online, then the employee's actions were ok. Absolute fu cking joke. :ffs:

Guest MichaelMols
Saw the response a while back on FF.

Absolute joke. No indication of sanctions against the employee. Essentially they are saying if hadn't been caught or that teh file name was not available online, then the employee's actions were ok. Absolute fu cking joke. :ffs:

Sweeping_under_the_carpet.jpg

Guest MichaelMols
Lol, nail on head mate. As another poster mentioned if it had been the "F" word. (No not that one, the other one. :D ) it would be a different bloody story.

Absolutely.

It's a sign of the times and the Scotland that we live in at the minute that supposedly impartial media outlets in this country can take cheap pot shots at Rangers and nothing is done about it.

I can just imagine the level of outrage if it was Neil Lennon at the receiving end of that jibe.